Corsair Community

bad stick of ram?

tunatime

ok so i built a new rig last week whit a 3930k and asrock extreme 4 every thing was working good for a few days, then one day i couldn't get my pc to post it keptd getign stick on dr debug code 69 so i reset coms, pulled all cards and hdds and still had the same thing. so i pulled ram out 1 at a time till it posted well it post fine whit 3 of the sticks 100% of the time and no mater what slot on my mb i put that 4th stick in i run in to issues, some times it works and when it posts i can run prime bland all night whit using 14gb, and the stick runs fine in my other pc. when i first go them i just used the xmp settings and they where rock solid so that's telling me its the ram stick but then how come it runs fine on another pc and?

the short v

ram used to work then stooped working on 1 pc but works on others no mater what timings and v i send them or the cpu

more sticks equals more strain on the memory controller. That would be one possibility.

But to rule out a bad module, can you test them one at a time in the same slot with memtest(link on the left) Make sure you load set up defaults first, and also disable and "legacy USB" options in your BIOS. It can cause false positives with memtest. And be sure to verify timings and voltage is correct.

more sticks equals more strain on the memory controller. That would be one possibility.

But to rule out a bad module, can you test them one at a time in the same slot with memtest(link on the left) Make sure you load set up defaults first, and also disable and "legacy USB" options in your BIOS. It can cause false positives with memtest. And be sure to verify timings and voltage is correct.

i already have the other 3 check out if i add the 4th one or take all the others out and then put the 4th one in another slot i get the same thing. my system just wont post whit that stick in but it testes out fine on my amd rig i dotn get it, if it was a mb issues whit 1 slot nothing would work in that slot, if it was a dad ram it wouldnt work in my other pc and past all night prime bland , if it was a bad mc on the cpu i would think i couldn't run the other sticks, i just don't get it

well i been testing the hell out of this ram the last 2 days and it has to be the ram the other 3 stick run fine but this one will not run even by its self unless i set my ram v to 1.6 i can get 1333 to boot. the other 3 are fine so does corsair do cross ship rma? i really cant be whit out a pc for a week so il have to buy a new kit them rma this kit and then see what one works better and sell the other one.

Archived