Corsair Community

H100 fan controller...

zachg

I read the sticky about resetting the firmware and trying to get it to control the fans properly. I tried this and when I do the initial hold down for 5 secs they kick on high for a few secs and then idle right back down and won't ever get back up to high speed again which is what I want them to do.

It seems it will only run on low or up to around 2000rpm but never maintain the high setting. Is there anything else I can do or am i doomed to go the RMA route? If so what is the quickest way to get the credit card pre shipped method going?

Anything? Anything at all? I have a completely new system here up and running and it sucks having a cooler that doesn't want to work properly. Need some help here. Would really like to not have to rma but if I do would like to know the quickest way to get a new cooler here asap....

Well from doing a lil more reading. It seems this may be the intended function of the setting. I was misinformed by previous reviews and postings. I was under the understanding that the performance/highest setting was to max out fan speed all the time which I would prefer and not have it at just a higher variable speed. So I suppose I can just get around this by controlling it myself and not using the built in setting on the unit.

• Corsair Employees
The rpm that you are seeing is the pump's rpm which will never change unless the voltage is adjusted in BIOS but 2000rpm is the expected rpm for the pump and we suggest so you you want to keep it at that rpm. As far as resetting the the firmware, if that did not solve the profile issue then please submit an RMA and lets get the unit replaced.

Well like I said if you were talking to me anyways, that I misunderstood the profiles. I was thinking that performance left it at max speed all the time,which is what I wanted. However it ranges based on idk what temperature wise because I would like mine to be lower than 34/38c across my 4 cores when idling but keep in mind this is with a i5 2500k on 1.25v at 4.5GHz which might not be all that bad I suppose.

I just wish I ever heard them ramp up besides on initial boot up. I would like the lower temps all the time not when the unit "thinks" it needs it. Is this going to be something I will be given more control of with corsair link? Or should I just control the fans myself and not use the units controller?

Archived