Corsair Community

CML16GX3M4A1600C9 xmp crash

tplumb

Hello,

i7 2600k on an asrock extreme4 gen3.

No cpu overclocking, everything on auto.

With all of the ram (4 sticks of the CML16GX3M4A1600C9) installed, selecting the XMP profile (1.5v 9-9-9-24 1600) in bios will cause spontaneous reboots in memtest, and in prime95 in windows 7x64.

I have to manually set it down to 1333 to run stably.

What has to be done settings-wise (e.g. voltage/?) in bios to run at specified XMP?

thank you,

trevor

hello,

thank you for the response.

apologies i missed out some info prior.

Bios: running latest asrock bios from the website

Individual stick memtest: did that, no problems

Pairs memtest in the correct slots: no problems. (didn't permutate. ie of 4 sticks, only did sticks 1&2 then 3&4; not 1&3 2&4; 1&4 2&3)

The random XMP bsod is when all 4 sticks are in.

Any next steps to diagnose?

thank you

Hi,

Followed the suggestion to increase VCCIO (still VTT in the latest bios for my board, there is also vccsa). tried either to 1.1v.

However, with all 4 sticks, prime95 still runs for less than a minute, but this time, there is a long freeze before the spontaneous reboot (not from windows bsod reboot, that is disabled in case there is a bsod to see).

Do I need to change ram voltage too?

Any other suggestions for running at XMP settings? I'd appreciate it.

thank you.

• Corsair Employees

Have you tested the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org?

If not install just one module and then go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and enable XMP then ruin http://www.memtest.org on the modules one at a time for three passes each and run the system in Windows on each module if its one of the modules causing that it will fail sooner when you run them one up.

Archived