Corsair Community

Corsair RMA'd my H100, replaced it with one from "bad batch" 11359403.

BrianM.

I bought the original unit from Amazon.com exactly 28 days ago, and they have a 30 day return policy on electronic parts. I have already contacted them, and they immediately sent me a link to printout a PRE-PAID return mailing label. They offered to send me another unit, but I said NO, because I would likely receive another defect.

I need something definitive from Corsair here within the next day or I'm giving up and going with a diffferent manufacturer. So far deciding upon the H100 has been a nightmare.

Just send it back to amazon. The amount of volume they do the chances of you getting another from the same batch is less than you do winning the lottery.

Redbeard already answered you in the other thread. It's safe to use and just because it is from that batch does not mean it is bad or is definatly going to go bad. If it does you RMA it through corsair. Since it would be from a known batch im sure you will get taken care of. And since right now it's not defective there is no reason to RMA it now

I bought the original unit from Amazon.com exactly 28 days ago, and they have a 30 day return policy on electronic parts. I have already contacted them, and they immediately sent me a link to printout a PRE-PAID return mailing label. They offered to send me another unit, but I said NO, because I would likely receive another defect.

I need something definitive from Corsair here within the next day or I'm giving up and going with a diffferent manufacturer. So far deciding upon the H100 has been a nightmare.

I hear you on this. I would just send it back to amazon and go for an air-cooled solution. They have the Corsair A70 which is pretty solid from the reviews I've seen and that will get you some decent OCs if you're not going hardcore.

Personally, I am throwing in the towel on the closed-loop Hydro series, just too poor in quality for my tastes - never expected this from a AAA outfit like Corsair, but the evidence is all over the internet.

Air-cooling isn't as much fun, but it's definitely a lot less trouble for what it's worth.

Just send it back to amazon. The amount of volume they do the chances of you getting another from the same batch is less than you do winning the lottery.

Redbeard already answered you in the other thread. It's safe to use and just because it is from that batch does not mean it is bad or is definatly going to go bad. If it does you RMA it through corsair. Since it would be from a known batch im sure you will get taken care of. And since right now it's not defective there is no reason to RMA it now

I don't see a response to me in the other thread I posted in. But I am going to install this H100 tonight when I get home from work. Just not expecting a miracle from this infamous batch lot. And if it all goes wrong tonight, I need to hear from Corsair by tomorrow that the issue will be definitively resolved, or back it goes for good. I'm not going to keep playing russian roulette with this.

I have the H100 installed, but it seems the performance profiles are not working. Low, Medium, High, they are all around 1500-1700 RPM. No change in sound level at all. I tried the firmware reset...button for 5 seconds, wait a minute, hold button 5 seconds while restarting. The LEDs flashed counter clockwise for a moment, then settled on Medium with the little dude flashing. I pressed the button again and the dude stopped flashing. But the profiles still don't seem to be working. I set it to High and loaded up a game. The RPM just stayed around 1700, no change in sound level at all.

I heard there were changes made to the firmware, the way it handles a system boot, that was causing the bad batch symptoms. I would think receiving a unit from lot 11359403 would not include the firmware changes. Correct?

I believe I was sent another defective H100.

I got a late reply for Corsair to my original RMA request after I let them know I was sent a unit from the bad batch. Their reply was:

"Did you open the package I would not think we would have sent you a set that had not been checked?"

C'mon guys...seriously?

• Corsair Employees
I have the H100 installed, but it seems the performance profiles are not working. Low, Medium, High, they are all around 1500-1700 RPM. No change in sound level at all.

A: The Fan speed for the H100 will not change the speed you see is the Pump speed not the fans. You cannot monitor the fan speeds when they are connected to the fan controller on the H100.

Please post a screen shot of the CPU temp in the Heath Monitoring software that came with your MB.

A: The Fan speed for the H100 will not change the speed you see is the Pump speed not the fans. You cannot monitor the fan speeds when they are connected to the fan controller on the H100.

Please post a screen shot of the CPU temp in the Heath Monitoring software that came with your MB.

I can take screenshots when I get home from work later. But all you want to see is the CPU temp? I can already tell you the CPU is not overheating.

You are saying the fan speed will not change with the Low, Medium and High peformance profiles? If so, I don't understand. That is not what is explained in the article Yellowbeard mentioned here: http://www.corsair.com/blog/understanding-the-hydro-series-h80-and-h100-cooling-performance-profiles/

The H100 you sent is not operating as described in that article.

I should mention I have early today called customer service and setup an advanced RMA to return and replace this one.

• Corsair Employees

I think you miss understand what we state in the article, we do not say that you can monitor the fan speeds on that the profiles should change the fan speeds about 300 RPM between the different profiles.

For example if your system is running at a cool temp with a reasonable room temp of say 70 deg F and you have the H100 profile on the first Profile setting the fans should be running at about the lowest speed. Lets say 900-1000 RPM and you change the profile to Profile 2 the fan speed will only change to about 1300-1400 RPM (for most not noticeable) and if you then went to Profile three the fan speed would go to about 1600-1700 RPM most people cannot tell much difference at 400-600 RPM. the fan profiles will set the fan speed based on the default profile and the coolant temp.

I understand now I may not be seeing the fan RPM. But the article states 900-1300, 1300-2000, and 1600-2700, and with a difference in noise level. I'm not hearing a difference at all, even while gaming. When I reboot the computer the fans startup at what sounds like full speed...much louder, then quiet down. That I am definately hearing.

I booted the computer, with the H100 set on the 3rd High LED, and opened Open Hardware Monitor and this is what it showed:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9319/screen1dp.jpg

I then just shutdown the computer, cold booted again, and Open Hardware Monitor showed:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7299/screen2jt.jpg

The reason I booted twice was because this was the first time I saw the fan RPM (pump speed as you explain) at 800 RPM. Again, this was with all three LEDs lit.

• Corsair Employees
Your temps looks good, matter of fact great. Not quite sure where you have connected the 3pin from the pump (thermal/pump's sensor) but it should be running around 2000rpm. See if you can check in BIOS and find out what the pump's rpm is. Fan#2 - Is that another fan connected to the motherboard?

Archived