Corsair Community

Survivor GTR 32GB not working

steve_e

Hi -

My USB drive stopped being recognized by any USB ports a day or so ago. After searching I found that this seems to be a recognized problem and that there is a firmware update that should fix it.

However, this program does not work on any of my computers (W7 64 bit and Vista 32 bit). All I get is an error message that reads:

URescue does not support this device. Please contact the manufacturer

Any advice gratefully received. Is there a better/more recent version of this firmware that I haven't yet found?

Regards, Steve.

Thanks for your reply Toasted. Well, you get a sound to indicate that something has been inserted into a USB drive, and the blue light flashes constantly, but there is no drive visible from Windows Explorer.

Am I right that the GTR is no longer in production (from this post))?

I can't really work out if there is a difference between the GTR and the GT2. I ordered from Amazon and it seems I ordered a GT2, but on the casing of the USB drive it says GTR.

Regards, Steve.

No it's not.

Amazon has just given me a return label for replacement or refund so I'm going to do that. Given the fact that problems with this drive are being reported regularly and the firmware update doesn't appear to work, I think I need to get a refund and maybe look around for a different make/model.

Thanks anyway.

Given the fact that problems with this drive are being reported regularly and the firmware update doesn't appear to work

in all fairness if they sold say 100000 flash drives and 100 are reported with an issue thats a .010% defect ratio which is very acceptable and keep in mind the 90900 good drive owners will not come here to post that the product is working but the 100 that do may seem like a whole lot on the forum.

i dont mean to sound defensive, i dont even work for Corsair. im just relating from experience. i fix copiers/printers and faxes for a living and once in a while a customer will bash the brand name because theirs wont work 100%, they dont take into account the other thousand of machines i maintain that work fine and only need cleaning or preventive maintenance. thats where im coming from.

im glad Amazon is taking care of you but i hope this experience wont drive you away from Corsair :)

No, you don't sound defensive Synthohol, and it's a very good point. :) I'm not in the least put off Corsair generally, who I've always associated with high quality SIMMs and other memory products.

I am slightly worried about ordering another Survivor, given the number of comments here and elsewhere. But I may well ultimately decide to go for another one, and see what happens.

Archived