Corsair Community

RMA'd my Corsair H80 and now this..

yuisporing

I didn't have this problem with my first h80, it was quiet when it worked but the problem with that one was that it had air stuck in the loop and would sound like a hard drive until i flicked the tubing.

Now I'm experiencing this issue, the rev up, down and up was normal but the rev up to max and slowly descending is the new problem. The thing is, when it revs down, it doesn't go down completely and is noisier than my previous h80. It takes about 40 seconds for it to slow all the way down as well.

I can change the profile to silence it like before but it's annoying to do that every single boot. I noticed my temps aren't as great as before either. I've re-seated and re-applied thermal paste as well, no luck.

Anyone experiencing this boot sequence for the fans though?

Also , it was WAY louder before. Like a jet engine upon boot, loud enough to wake my room mates but I swapped out the new replacement fans with the old ones and now it's not as bad.

I uploaded a video to show it:

http://youtu.be/pQy8pVKcvJY

Man, that sounds horrible. This is the unit they sent you via RMA?! Doesn't seem like it's gonna last that long tbh. Seems haywire.

Yup, it was brand new too in the box when I received it. I've tried resetting the firmwire too but no luck. It was WAAY worse before with the fans it shipped with. Louder than my vacuum. I thought I was in luck too because the serial on the box began with 114 as opposed to my previous with a 113 production batch.

Sorry to hear that, man. I am really discouraged on the H80 and H100. I have been to many sites and am finding lots of reports just like ours now. Many of them seem to originate from purchases made around black friday or just after. I really don't know how many units are effected, but we're definitely not alone.

Hope they can get you a non-defective unit to replace your RMA replacement.

At this point I am sincerely questioning whether I should proceed with my RMA or just get a refund from Amazon and go a different route. I don't want to be "married" to the H80's problems - especially because it seems like even the brand new replacements are bad, and I cannot honestly afford to take the financial loss at this time.

I'll sleep on it a couple of days and make my decision on Monday.

It just really sucks, because I honestly love my Corsair products and was really excited to get my H80 into my brand new system. It's a real buzzkill to see these problems popping up.

Sorry to hear that, man. I am really discouraged on the H80 and H100. I have been to many sites and am finding lots of reports just like ours now. Many of them seem to originate from purchases made around black friday or just after. I really don't know how many units are effected, but we're definitely not alone.

Hope they can get you a non-defective unit to replace your RMA replacement.

At this point I am sincerely questioning whether I should proceed with my RMA or just get a refund from Amazon and go a different route. I don't want to be "married" to the H80's problems - especially because it seems like even the brand new replacements are bad, and I cannot honestly afford to take the financial loss at this time.

I'll sleep on it a couple of days and make my decision on Monday.

It just really sucks, because I honestly love my Corsair products and was really excited to get my H80 into my brand new system. It's a real buzzkill to see these problems popping up.

Totally know what you're going through. I've always liked Corsair products. I have the 600t SE case, hx850 psu, and XMS3 ram. All excellent products but this H80 is really disappointing. I wanted to get a refund and go for the H100 but it suffers from it's own set of problems as well. I couldn't be happier with my first units cooling performance and that's why I feel like I can't go back to a huge bulky air cooler but at this point, I'm not sure.

I'm sending this one in for one last RMA and this will be my third unit to try, if it doesn't work, I think I'm done with it.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry about that please contact our customer service with your previous RMA# and they will take care of you.

Can you post the Lot number that is on the BOX it will be a 7 or 8 digit Number that will start with an 11.

So I'm back again, this time with a H100 and suffering from other issues like my jet engine take off still and now the pump noise again.

I laid my case on it's side all night for about 10 hours, awoke and shut it off followed by a reboot and it's still there. Very disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4mtNFxCb74&context=C26c25ADOEgsToPDskKb4oSs9AYZNVVB3YFcc7EG boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yIiTJUf34&context=C268bdADOEgsToPDskLZrLoUynXQBXD5iDpsvlBl pump

I think I might just go for the refund this time. Ugh. Two H80's and one H100 lost in the battlefield.

Note: I did disable the motherboards fan control to the CPU fan and set the fan profiles to silent as well, no luck. I also unplugged the CPU fan connector to the CPU fan header to manually control the fan through the block, no luck.

It's very frustrating to want to use your PC in the morning but you end up waking up your roommate next door just so you can turn on your pc.

• Corsair Employees
I have looked at both video but I am really sorry, I didn't see anything that is out of the ordinary. Keep in mind that those fans are rated up 2600rpm and they are only 120mm, I would expect some noise at some point but after POST it should rev down and settle. Pump seems to be ok as well. Since noise is a very subjective matter, It would really hard for me to say otherwise. How was your temp on this set up?

I have looked at both video but I am really sorry, I didn't see anything that is out of the ordinary. Keep in mind that those fans are rated up 2600rpm and they are only 120mm, I would expect some noise at some point but after POST it should rev down and settle. Pump seems to be ok as well. Since noise is a very subjective matter, It would really hard for me to say otherwise. How was your temp on this set up?

Is it really normal ? With my first unit, i didnt experience anything like this. It was perfect and was dead silent compared to my old air cooler until the pump started making noise. If it were demo'd like this or stated as normal somewhere in the description or user manual, i would have never purchased it. Oh and temps are great. One of the other reasons I like it.

Archived