Corsair Community

Computer doesn't boot with new PSU

justanotheruser

After installing a new Corsair TX750M PSU in my HP Pavilion Elite 380t, the computer doesn't boot anymore. The monitor stays in power saving mode even though my computer seems to be completely functional. The video card works with my old PSU, so it can't be the GPU's fault. Also, the computer turns on for a few seconds, then reboots, then stays on until I turn it off manually. When it's on, the fans work in the PSU and the computer, the HDD spins (at least it vibrates) and the GPU fan works as well. However, I just can't get the computer to POST - it doesn't beep at all, just shuts down. Any help is appreciated!

After installing a new Corsair TX750M PSU in my HP Pavilion Elite 380t, the computer doesn't boot anymore. The monitor stays in power saving mode even though my computer seems to be completely functional. The video card works with my old PSU, so it can't be the GPU's fault. Also, the computer turns on for a few seconds, then reboots, then stays on until I turn it off manually. When it's on, the fans work in the PSU and the computer, the HDD spins (at least it vibrates) and the GPU fan works as well. However, I just can't get the computer to POST - it doesn't beep at all, just shuts down. Any help is appreciated!

Your power supply is not compatible with your computer The HX650 is the highest wattage Corsair power supply that will work with you computer.

There are also other compatibility issues besides just the wattage as the TX and AX series 650 watt psu's do not work with HP desktops either.

Your power supply is not compatible with your computer The HX650 is the highest wattage Corsair power supply that will work with you computer.

There are also other compatibility issues besides just the wattage as the TX and AX series 650 watt psu's do not work with HP desktops either.

Thank you for your help, I was successfully able to upgrade my PSU and my graphics card! The HX650 works flawlessly, booted finally! :biggrin:

Archived