Corsair Community

Can an HX620 run 2x560ti Hawks in SLI?

Fatsquish

Hey everyone.

This is my first ever post on one of these forums cos I just built my first PC recently.

I currently have 1 MSI GTX 560 ti Hawk in my rig and I've seen my PC draw as much as 420W from the wall (using a WATTS CLEVER meter) but only when running OCCT. In gaming it's more like 340W max at the wall.

So I'm just wondering if a second Hawk willl be too much for my HX620 (it's a 2yo carry-over from my old machine).

If it is, I'll probably still get another Hawk and run them at reference clocks (822MHz and 1012Mv) as I'm sure the 620 will handle that. Then I'll save up for a HX850.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I can see from your specs that you don't take any chances with your PSU. There is another thread here where Ramguy said a hx620 is fine for a 2900XT crossfire setup.

From the reviews I've read that old card draws more power than the 560 Hawk.

Are you recommending an upgrade due to capacitor aging or just to be on the safe side?

Thanks

Nope, no chances here! :) While a PSU can be run maxed out , it's not really all that good for them. It leads to extra heat and that leads to early failure.

But no, i used the PSU configurator and your system specs. From what i found on the old 2900draws a max of 300watts so two of them would be 600w total and the left over 40 watts isn't much or enough at all to keep the system running.

Two 560 should use pretty close to the same if not a touch less. I guess you could try it and if it does not work then upgrade.

Archived