Corsair Community

H80 and socket 2011

steve1077

I just fitted one of these to my 2011 and the bracket on the water block is not great, it need longer slots and I had to use a lot of pressure to get it on, has anyone else found this? I really don't like forcing something on a motherboard and cpu that cost this much, it does fit, but only just

I just fitted one of these to my 2011 and the bracket on the water block is not great, it need longer slots and I had to use a lot of pressure to get it on, has anyone else found this? I really don't like forcing something on a motherboard and cpu that cost this much, it does fit, but only just

Some people are reporting this issue on socket 2011 platforms. Your description of the issue is perfect, as well as the need to force the brackets in place. Did you notice what name is stamped on the CPU socket?

I have this problem (H100, but they're the same waterblock) on Asus P9X79 PRO. But it's not a "close" fit that can be just forced a little bit, for me it fits fine in one direction, but is off by at least 2mm in the other direction. Rotating the waterblock makes no difference since the mounts are in a perfect 800m square.

• 8 months later...

I have a H80 mounted on a p7p55D PRO (1156 socket) and Im moving to a Rampage IV Extreme (socket 2011). I can't find the box of the H80 with all the brackets, so im wondering if the bracket that i currently have attached to the 1156 socket will fit in the 2011. In case that I need a 2011 specific bracket, will i be able to buy only the bracket at corsair.com?

TU guys!

Thank u Toasted.So the bracket wont be a problem. On the other hand, i can only find three of the four standoffs for the 2011 socket =(. So im afraid i have to pay 15$ to get the standoff that i have missed...

Thanks again for your reply.

I have a H80 mounted on a p7p55D PRO (1156 socket) and Im moving to a Rampage IV Extreme (socket 2011). I can't find the box of the H80 with all the brackets, so im wondering if the bracket that i currently have attached to the 1156 socket will fit in the 2011. In case that I need a 2011 specific bracket, will i be able to buy only the bracket at corsair.com?

TU guys!

DON'T BUY ANYTHING! You don't need to. Just replace the LGA2011 backplate with the Asus "X-Socket" you will receive with your board. I had to do this with my Rampage IV Formula to even get my H100 to fit at all. It's not difficult to do and once you swap the backplates you can use your existing H80 mounting hardware. Just to be really clear (it's illustrated in the manual) you're replacing the backplate on the left with the one on the right.

762083661_ASUSX-Socket(2).thumb.jpg.aab71941cc0f3e0ac71dc990b90f3dfd.jpg

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to confirm, but this is a thread about the 'old' H80 and not the new H80i? I'm soon to be upgrading my rig to LGA2011 - glad I did a search before creating a duplicate post! :D:

So far I'm going for a Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI

Archived