Corsair Community

H60 fan constantly above 2000 rpm

sl4y3r

The advertised fan speed on the h60 is supposed to be 1800 rpm but my fan is at 2000+ all the time.. Whether the cpu is at 19c or 30c, the extra rpm is givin me the fan hum that i dislike. Any suggestions? Thanks

PS: IM using hw monitor to read temps so im sure its not a reporting issue

Do you have it plugged into a 4 pin PWM header? If so go into the bios and look for your fan controller. Set it to PWM/automatic and set the minimum temp to 50% under 35-40c and 100% above 55-60c. That is just a range. You can set it to whatever levels you want that give the desired temps and noise level you are happy with.

Yes it will automatically throttle, but the fan control on your board must be enabled and/or configured in order for that to happen. That is done in the BIOS, or with your boards fan control software, as beekermartin described in his post. All boards do not have the same options of settings for setting the fan speed control, so the description he gave might not be 100% accurate for your board.

What exactly are your fan control options?

Most say at this min temp keep fan at this percent. Then at max temp keep fan at this percent.

For example: Min: At 30c keep fan at 50%. Max: At 55c keep fan at 100%

That way when the temps are around 30c, which is about where they should be at idle, your fan should run at @1000 rpms. It will then ramp up as temps increase until it hits 55c where it will be running at 100%

The target CPU temp is what the speed control will attempt to keep the CPU temp at all the time. IMO, that should be set as low as possible, such as 30C. The minimum CPU fan speed of 87% is way to high, set it at 30% and see what your idle temps are.

That is not fan speed, but rather the pump speed. You DO NOT want to throttle that down at all. It should read a constant 2000RPMS or real close.

The pump is connected to system fan header as recommended and it reads as 4000+ RPM.. Im refering to d fan on d radiator

The target CPU temp is what the speed control will attempt to keep the CPU temp at all the time. IMO, that should be set as low as possible, such as 30C. The minimum CPU fan speed of 87% is way to high, set it at 30% and see what your idle temps are.

The min temperature i can set is 40c but I'll try settings minimum fan speed lower as u suggested n c.

That is not fan speed, but rather the pump speed. You DO NOT want to throttle that down at all. It should read a constant 2000RPMS or real close.

Peanutz, slow down! ;): You're thinking of a H80 or H100, that has a pump speed of ~2000 RPM. The H60 reports it's pump speed at ~4200 RPM. The H60's PWM fan is meant to be connected to the CPU fan header, and the pump to a board header that supplies full power at all times.

It looks like sl4y3r has the pump on a Sys Fan header (just fine) and the fan on the CPU fan header.

Peanutz, slow down! ;): You're thinking of a H80 or H100, that has a pump speed of ~2000 RPM. The H60 reports it's pump speed at ~4200 RPM. The H60's PWM fan is meant to be connected to the CPU fan header, and the pump to a board header that supplies full power at all times.

It looks like sl4y3r has the pump on a Sys Fan header (just fine) and the fan on the CPU fan header.

Yea ur right parsec :-)

Ok guys its resolved. I had enabled Smart fan before too and kept minimum fan speed at 87.5% assuming it would run at 1800-1900 which would be 87.5% of the max i was gettin i.e 2041 ,but the speeds did not change.Just put it at 62.5% and fan is 1600~ now.Thanks for your help every1! :-)

Archived