Corsair Community

New H80 falling to parts

johnnyw

So got H80 to my new matx build today and like after hour after it was installed i heard loud crackling sounds inside case and when i opened it the plastic top part of gpu block had got off and hitted fan blades. Tried to put it back but seems like the tape isnt going to give any contact anymore. So my question is that if there is safe way to fix that myself (superglue it or double sided tape maybe? ) or should i just rma it? Also how loud this is supposed to be, in low setting i would say this is about twice as loud than my H100 at low.

To be more clear its that shiny black plastic cover top of the block that got off. Im really disapointed tbh, My main pc:s H100 had some serious faults too out of box and now this, really seems like corsair QC is gone lot worse than before.

This is no my pic but exatly same thing happened to me : http://cdn.overclock.net/8/80/8046709b_vbattach235481.jpeg

I guess need to rma it, pump seems to make some weird noise too. First i thought it was fans that were loud but disconnected fans and found pump to be source of that high pirthed grinding sound. Weird thing is that if i tilt the case bit to either side that sound gets less loud for while.

Problem again tho is that i dont have stock cooler for the cpu as it was "bulk". How long it will approximately take in RMA?

I think ill just buy some other cooler and rma this later. Advanced rma is not option if it still requires credit card?

You don't have a credit card? It's only used for fraud, in case you don't ship back the old product. They won't charge you if you ship the old product back...

You don't have a credit card? It's only used for fraud, in case you don't ship back the old product. They won't charge you if you ship the old product back...

Ye dont have any credit card just debit one. I know how it works as i asked advanced rma when i needed to get HX750 replaced when it failed. Ended up to rma it thru retailer that cause corsair "normal rma process" takes even longer than getting new one thru shop which last several weeks too.

Well as i expected i dont think i will be able to do advanced. They are asking credit card and as i explained i dont own one :( I guess ill just need to do same as last time, live with this faulty one as long that i get money to buy new and then rma this in normal way.

Archived