Corsair Community

1600MHZ memory says in bios ASUS SPD info 1333MHZ

borley1863

As the title says i have set my memory to 1600mhz in my ASUS bios as it was auto recogniseing it as 1333mhz. When i boot all is fine and says it is 1600mhz before it loads windows.

When i go onto the bios and look at the ASUS SPD info option it says 1333mhz! is that normal?

I have XMP chosen.

Thanks

Guy

I cant at the moment unless theres a quick option without using a url?

I will give you some of the info from CPU-z

The memory tab: frequency 800mhz which is dual so thats right 1600mhz

but SPD tab:max bandwidth:pc3-10700h (667 mhz)

Isnt that 1333mhz?

any more info from any field i will supply if needed.

Regards

Guy

Hi again,yeah the page you say its page 3.5 in my manual but yes on that page it says 1600mhz, but if you look onpage 3.28 theres a section about the tools options well it doesn't show on there i think mine may be newer bios, but anyway it has an option called ASUS SPD information below the ASUS EZ Flash Utility option, and under that it says maximum bandwidth 1333mhz, basicaly the same as CPU-z which you said didn't matter so i take it these are the same results CPU-z displays.

thanks

Guy

Hi again,yeah the page you say its page 3.5 in my manual but yes on that page it says 1600mhz,

Then you are good to go! As long as that line is reading 1600mhz then that is the actual frequency.

but if you look onpage 3.28 theres a section about the tools options well it doesn't show on there i think mine may be newer bios, but anyway it has an option called ASUS SPD information below the ASUS EZ Flash Utility option, and under that it says maximum bandwidth 1333mhz,

Without actually looking at it it's hard to tell. But from what i can gather that is just reporting the max "supported" frequency. Which would be 1333mhz . That is what your CPU will officially support.

That is

Archived