Corsair Community

TX850M making high frequency sound..

MarcoCampo

Hey, I just ordered a brand new Corsair TX850M power supply off of newegg. This power supply is giving off a weird high pitch frequency whenever it is idle.. It'll first start when I get to my log in screen. After I log in, the noise stops while everything is loading, then once im idle again it kicks in. It sounds exactly like some sort of data transfer.. But I don't understand how it is coming from my power supply. I've checked to make sure everything is plugged in correctly numerous times. I have my power supply out of my case and can hear the sound perfectly. I'm 100% sure its my power supply making the noise.

The sound is so similar to data transfer. Something weird i discovered is when I grab the edge of my chrome browser and adjust the size, the noise will stop... If I move it back and forth fast enough, the sound stops completely. And wont pick up until I stop moving it.

No idea what to think of this. Any suggestions?

• Corsair Employee
Look in the BIOS for a setting called C1E and enable or disable it and I would check the version of Video drive that you have installed if there is a newer version of the driver and or Video BIOS I would update them.

I'm having the exact same problem, but with a VX450 PSU, which I just had replaced under RMA, but the replacement has the same buzzing issue. Can you specify what you tried that worked for you? Was it enabling or disabling C1E? I tried that myself, but it didn't work for me.

Archived