Corsair Community

Flash Voyager - TV compatability issue

mrgoodkat

I bought my mother an LG TV with a USB port that supports video media and I was planning on giving her my old 2GB Flash Voyager to use with the TV, but the 2GB wont be recognized, while my 16GB FV is recognized. Note that the 2GB works just fine everywhere else. PC, PS3, etc, and is formatted FAT32 which meets the TV requirements.

So Im thinking it might be a format issue. I know that I have formatted the 2GB in Windows in the past, and haven't done so with the 16GB. And I have since tried reformatting in Windows using different settings with no luck.

Any ideas or formatting tools? I'm really trying to not have to plunk down $ on another. Although an 8GB might be better for her...

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
I would try and format the drive with this utility, but many of our flash drives will not work with devices like this as we use a HUB based controller to improve performance. And most devices like a TV or DVD player will not be able to connect to a USB device through a HUB and if not that is the reason.

So is there any confidence to be had in buying another 16GB Flash Voyager? Like I said, the one I have now works.

Is it just smaller capacity USB drives that use a HUB based controller? This 2GB is pretty old now (4+ years), and the 16GB was bought recently.

No joy with the linked utility. I know I had read that drives formatted in Windows can be an issue on TVs and DVD players for some reason. I was hoping that was the issue.

Flash Voyager®, Flash ReadOut, TurboFlash, Flash Survivor® and Flash Voyager Mini USB flash drive products all have a 10 year warranty

Flash Voyager USB 3.0 USB flash drive products have a 5 year warranty

All Flash Padlock® products have a 3 year warranty

All solid-state drive (SSD) products have a 3 year warranty

Archived