Corsair Community

PC Reboots When SLI Enabled.... PSU?

vypr199

Hi,

Ive had an issue that has started over the last month and since yesterday it has been getting much more frequent. Yesterday I was playing Sniper ghost warrior just like I normally do when I get home from work. and my monitor went into standby(Orange light) then the PC rebooted then when it came back up there was a dialog box saying there was an error BSOD. So I tried to load the game again, I was able to get in to the menu of the game then when I started it within 5 seconds it did exactly the same thing. I did a clean reinstall of the Nvidia drivers without success, same with the sound card. It also fails on 3dmark vantage, unigine, and 3dmark 11. Next I did a system restore with no success, same issue. Next I did a system re image from my back up drive, same issue. Im really frustrated at this point. I disabled sli in nvidia control panel and all is well. Ive had that power supply since 2009 and Im thinking maybe its starting to fail. Ive put a help ticket in describing my issue too.

Well, It seems to be working. I tested both cards seperately and everything tested okay. Then I swapped the cards from their origional SLI positions and then installed the beta driver and did a clean install and everyhting seems to be okay. I was running furmark and was monitoring the 12V2 rail and it went from 12.04 volt no load to 11.95 under load so the supply is not degrading under load it seems. I think it may have been one of the modular connectors were not inserted fully in either the card or the PSU. I ran furmark for 40 minutes with no failures. So im happy it seems to be working.

Archived