Corsair Community

Cmp12gx3ma1600c9

Renbad

Dear Corsair

I recently purchased this kit CMP12GX3MA1600C9 and i have installed it as per the instructions provided minus the fan.

I am currently having an issue where the motherboard is not detecting all 12gigs it only detects 8gig of memory. I was previously running 6gig of G - Skill ram (F3-12800CL7T-6GPI) and the motherboard was able to detect those sticks just fine.

I have configured the ram as per the picture below as you can see the computer seems to automatically fix the ram to those timings. I have tried manually entering the timings and the system boots but then just displays a black screen no post messege nothing just a black screen.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee249/genesis991/IMAG0135-1.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee249/genesis991/IMAG0136.jpg

I bought this kit hoping to run all 12gigs and because it was in you compatibility list. Another reason why i chose this kit is because i have heard that this specific board tends to dislike running sticks across all slots thats why i opted for 3x4gb sticks.

If anyone could possibly post some effective timings and voltages and or maybe some information that would help me get this board running all 12gigs of memory that would be great!

Thank you

Kind Regards

Renbad

Dear Peanut

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately i have tried "playing" with the qpi/vdimm of the memory and i found that the computer would not show ANY image at all as stated in the initial post. I have also tried xmp which also did not work.

I also noticed that the post you linked me relates to fully populated dimm slots i am only using three sticks.

I think i will keep trying to fix the problem using the qpi/vdimm but i have a feeling the problem could perhaps lie elsewhere (im not 100% sure on that statement)

Kind Regards

Renbad

I also noticed that the post you linked me relates to fully populated dimm slots i am only using three sticks

That still applies to just three modules. No worries if you have already tried those steps.

I think i will keep trying to fix the problem using the qpi/vdimm but i have a feeling the problem could perhaps lie elsewhere (im not 100% sure on that statement)

Kind Regards

Test each module in the first slot to be sure one of the modules is not failing. That will rule out a bad module. You can go from there

Dear Peanut

Success! I was finally able to rectify my problem, now brace yourself cause you might die from a fit of laughter.. BUT all i did was update the BIOS!

and now it works smooth real smooth! it detects all my ram in the BIOS and under auto settings even does the timings correctly! i couldnt be more happier.

Here i was about to call up Asus and rma my board because i suspected the ram busses to be faulty well i thank the heavens!

and thank you again for your assistance it drove me to actually try updating the BIOS i was previously too scared to use the ez flash utility but now i have absoloute faith in it.

P.S side note to those that are in similar shoes, it is a known issue that this board has problems identifying the correct ammount of memory with the standard BIOS out of the box. That information was contained in the read me file for the BIOS update :)

Kind Regards

Renbad

Archived