Corsair Community

CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9 - Lenovo E520

Aguru

Hello everyone. I ordered CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9 (4GB module) for my Lenovo Thinkpad E520, model 11433FU.

Chipset is Sandy Bridge Rev 09

Southbridge is HM65 Rev B2

The CPU is:

Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

It came equipped with 1 4GB module of RAM from Samsung:

part # M471B5273DH0-CH9

BIOS is the latest version, as given from the Lenovo update app in W7:

vendor LENOVO

version 8HET38WW(1.20)

date 09/09/2011

The OS I am running is W7 Professional (SP1). It is fully updated as of today, as are all the Lenovo apps. At any rate, the NB's OS is fully patched, as are all the Lenovo system utilities.

The problem I am running into is the NB performs a non-responsive lock up (no blue screen) when transcoding video with the newest version of Badaboom and Handbrake. The NB will not lock up in these programs without the Corsair memory installed.

The NB also locks up when playing EQ2 with the Corsair RAM installed, but does not lock up without it installed.

Memtest showed no errors with the Corsair RAM installed. Also, running Prime 95 for several hours with the Corsair RAM installed did not cause the NB to crash. Other programs like LinX and Cinebench 10 and 11 do not cause the NB to crash.

Also, the NB is perfectly stable with both the Samsung and Corsair sodimms installed; it's just xcoding and video games that causes it to crash (no blue screen).

I feel this could be a simple fix that doesn't include RMA, so I appeal to the gurus here for help.

:biggrin:

• Corsair Employees

That would suggest the NB may need a BIOS update to run stable with these higher density modules. You might ask the system manufacturer if it will support memory modules made with 256M X 8 Memory IC's.

Also please run the system with just one module and run CPU-Z and save a screen shot if the SPD tab then do the same with the other module and compare the screen shots and lets make sure the SPD's are programmed properly.

Archived