Corsair Community

SATA Cables included with updated 800D Case

Homewrecker

I recently picked up an 800D for my next build and was lucky enough to get the USB 3.0/SATA III updated Case. Included in the accessories box is a set of SATA cables.

I know there is debate on whether one can use any SATA Cable for a SATA III setup or having to purchase SATA III specific cables.

Does anyone know if the included cables are SATA III "approved" or recommended for use or if I'm better off getting a set of SATA III specific cables. The ones included in the box are nice and short which is what I prefer as I have found it difficult to find shorter SATA cables in the past

I recently picked up an 800D for my next build and was lucky enough to get the USB 3.0/SATA III updated Case. Included in the accessories box is a set of SATA cables.

I know there is debate on whether one can use any SATA Cable for a SATA III setup or having to purchase SATA III specific cables.

Does anyone know if the included cables are SATA III "approved" or recommended for use or if I'm better off getting a set of SATA III specific cables. The ones included in the box are nice and short which is what I prefer as I have found it difficult to find shorter SATA cables in the past

as far as i know its not much of a debate all sata cables can be used on any sata controller its just marketing..its the controller that matters not the cable..of course having a good cable doesnt hurt either way that makes a good connection but when it comes to the sata version it really doesnt matter

as far as i know its not much of a debate all sata cables can be used on any sata controller its just marketing..its the controller that matters not the cable..of course having a good cable doesnt hurt either way that makes a good connection but when it comes to the sata version it really doesnt matter

That's not entirely true. The Sata 3 spec has tighter tolerances so it is very possible that some cables (that were only tested to the Sata II spec) will not meet the SATA III spec.

If you take a look at this document - http://www.serialata.org/documents/SATA-6-Gbs-The-Path-from-3gbs-to-6gbs.pdf it pretty much states the same thing.

Now the question remains if these cables are of sufficient quality to allow for consistent SATA III performance.

Archived