Corsair Community

Problem with my H80

ryukensfj

Just got my h80 installed yesterday and I'm currently having this loud sound from the pumps when it's at 100% load. It was fine at idle a few hours ago but now it's loud at idle too. This is getting really annoying.

Here's a video of the sound...

Newest update:

Pump noise with prime95 running. There are some spots where the pump sounds like how it suppose to sound like...

• Corsair Employees
Please try and lay the system on its side for an hour or so and see if the noise goes away. If its so loud you can hear it above all the fan noise then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

That case was a question about a rebate not a RMA request. You name initials are J.W. is that correct?

That's weird? I called in and they said they will give me an email... I even requested the RMA... And yes my initials are JW.

I got an email that they said RMA request received...

• Corsair Employees
The form depending how you enter the case information will got to the automated system and some of the replies are just computer generated responses. I have sent our customer service an email with more details on the issue and that you need a replacement please do not ship the item till they contact you. It is to late today but if you do not hear from them but 12:00 PM Pacific Time tomorrow let me know and I will call them for you.

The form depending how you enter the case information will got to the automated system and some of the replies are just computer generated responses. I have sent our customer service an email with more details on the issue and that you need a replacement please do not ship the item till they contact you. It is to late today but if you do not hear from them but 12:00 PM Pacific Time tomorrow let me know and I will call them for you.

Ok I hope my conversation with the customer service rep was also in your system? He said I should receive a 2nd email with a prepaid shipping label along with the RMA approval.

Hello Ram Guy,

The RMA was approved however they didn't give me a prepaid shipping label as promised over the phone. Will you be able to help me with this? They even called me today to confirm and told me they will be providing a prepaid shipping label. That would be two times telling me they will provide a prepaid shipping label but I have not received one yet. Hopefully you can help me out otherwise I will have to call them again tomorrow...

I have sent them a message to contact you but please check your spam folder as I know many times these emails will end up in the spam folder.

Yeah I have been checking spam folders as well. I have received 2 emails from them through my inbox fine, with subjects RMA Approved and RMA# Assigned but none with the prepaid shipping label.

Thanks again for helping!

Thanks I finally received the shipping label today. Anyways will I be able to get an advance replacement so I don't have any down time? I cleaned off the thermal paste off my air cooler so I can't swap out the parts. I run a online business so I need to use my computer constantly and can't afford to have the computer down.

How can I request an advance replacement? If I need to call them can you tell me the hours and days that I can call?

• 1 month later...
Check the H100 Noise thread and my latest posts and you'll find how to fix this yourself.

The problems appear on H60, H80 and H100, you need to slow dow the pump just a little bit.

It's doing it when there's load on the CPU like running IBT or Prime95... Currently it's fine at idle.

That's because, as I believe, cavitation occurs. This requires specific conditions that the systems seems to meet. Perhaps it doesn't occur in your unit unless certain temperature is achieved.

Per Wiki:

Major places where cavitation occurs are in pumps, on propellers, or at restrictions in a flowing liquid. (...)The faster the blades move, the lower the pressure around it can become. As it reaches vapour pressure, the fluid vaporizes and forms small bubbles of gas. This is cavitation. When the bubbles collapse later, they typically cause very strong local shock waves in the fluid, which may be audible and may even damage the blades.

As this phenomenon is dangerous to the system, I opted for lower pump speed.

That's because, as I believe, cavitation occurs. This requires specific conditions that the systems seems to meet. Perhaps it doesn't occur in your unit unless certain temperature is achieved.

Per Wiki:

As this phenomenon is dangerous to the system, I opted for lower pump speed.

What's the easiest way to lower the pump speed? How do I find my pump speed? I think it's ~2000rpm as reported by CPUID HW Monitor.

Archived