Corsair Community

Submitted RMA but no case number? Missing mobo standoffs in 600T!

garetjax

The PC build I am putting together for a client stopped before it even got started. The problem? I'm missing several motherboard standoffs in the 600T (CC600TWM-WHT) that was purchased.

I've submitted an RMA but haven't received a case number. This build is expected to be delivered to the customer by the end of the week... what do I need to do to get these motherboard standoffs expedited as quickly as possible?

Thanks!

The motherboard standoffs that Kevin A sent to me are the wrong standoffs for the CC600TWM-WHT that was purchased. They aren't even close to the same size/dimensions of the standoffs for this case.

I'm extremely dissapointed in Corsair, both in their ability to make contact with customers in a reasonable time frame and their inability to provide proper resolution to consumer issues who have problems with their products.

I wish to write a letter of complaint to Corsair. To whom may I direct this letter to and what is their mailing and/or e-mail address?

Thank you!

I am sorry about that but please contact our customer service they will take care of you.

Thank you for your reply, RAMGUY. As I explained to Kevin, the gaming PC that I am building for a client will now be late because I do not have the proper standoffs to install the system.

Because the PC was not delivered on time (delivery was to be on 9 December 2011), I will be assessed a $75.00 late fee. This fee represents a large loss in my potential income from the sale of this PC, especially in this economic climate.

The ironic part is that this PC is mostly made of Corsair components: the power supply (an AX850), the water cooling (a Hydro H80), the SSD (a Force series SSD), the memory (Corsair Dominator GT), and the case (a 600T).

If I didn't think Corsair was a competent company to purchase components from, I wouldn't have went to you guys. The complete lack of regard for my situation and loss of income on something as simple as motherboard standoffs is unacceptable.

RAMGUY, would you mind providing the e-mail to whom I should be contacting in customer service?

Thank your for your help! =)

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but we no longer use email address because of spam and Virus issue associated with email. You can fill out a support ticket from our web site and express your concerns, I am sorry but that is the best way. You could always contact the reseller and ask to send the unit back and order a new one that may be the fastest way to get the system up and running. Again I am sorry but we are just not setup to deliver the parts that quickly. In fact if the reseller will not help you I would suggest requesting and RMA and let me know the case number and I will ask our customer service to do an advanced replacement for you.

I am sorry but we no longer use email address because of spam and Virus issue associated with email. You can fill out a support ticket from our web site and express your concerns, I am sorry but that is the best way. You could always contact the reseller and ask to send the unit back and order a new one that may be the fastest way to get the system up and running. Again I am sorry but we are just not setup to deliver the parts that quickly. In fact if the reseller will not help you I would suggest requesting and RMA and let me know the case number and I will ask our customer service to do an advanced replacement for you.

Thank you for your help, RAM GUY. I went ahead and filled out a support ticket. Hopefully someone will get back to me on the issues and concerns I expressed.

As an update, I have RMA'd the 600T back to Amazon and ordered a replacement. It will be here this weekend, but by then the gaming PC I am building for my client will be over a week late by then, and I will not be able to recoup the loss of the $75.00 late fee.

Sorry to hear that Garet but I really have to ask.... Dude standoffs?? really?? I don't want to sound rude but.. you occasionally build system as you have mentioned and you don't have extra standoffs to spare for your customer...? I'm probably missing something here but seriously.. standoffs, I don't think its worth the trouble man....

Sorry to hear that Garet but I really have to ask.... Dude standoffs?? really?? I don't want to sound rude but.. you occasionally build system as you have mentioned and you don't have extra standoffs to spare for your customer...? I'm probably missing something here but seriously.. standoffs, I don't think its worth the trouble man....

There's really two ways I can answer this question. The first is would you buy a car if it didn't have a steering wheel? When you buy a case, it is expected that you will receive everything you need to build a system in that case, standoffs included. Just like when you buy a car, you expect it to have a steering wheel so you can drive the vehicle. You shouldn't have to rely on "spares" or "extras" to get you by. The consumer expects the vendor to provide said parts without the expectation that you should replace or provide them yourself.

The second way to answer this question is to assure you that I have plenty of extra/spare motherboard standoffs. The problem? None of them match the dimensions of the standoffs that come with the 600T. I went through every case I own, something on the order of 20 or more, and was not able to find an exact match or something close to it; Mitutoyo calipers don't lie, and I won't use substitue standoffs unless they exactly match what was provided with the 600T.

I realize that to some, this may seem like an inane point to be this concerned about something as simple as motherboard standoffs. However, please understand that if a $170 case is purchased, an investment has been made. I could not, in good conscience, sell something to a customer I myself would not accept if I knew that it contained missing parts or parts that have been replaced with those that are "almost" the same.

I hope that this answered your question! =)

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to take a moment and update this thread by saying that the issues I was having with both the case I purchased and Corsair's customer service has been resolved beyond my expectations.

I spoke to a very nice lady at Corsair who assisted in the replacement of the entire case with a new 600T and assured me that the missing standoffs are a localized issue.

All in all, I am very pleased with the professionalism and customer care that was afforded to me by Corsair. I am proud to say that Corsair remains my go-to company for quality products delivered with excellent customer support.

Archived