Corsair Community

Obsidian 800D missing SATA power cables

ArM4ND

Hey everyone. I purchased an 800D about a year ago for a build that I FINALLY got around to building. Unfortunately, when I opened the box to unpack the case, I found that it had none of the documentation or cables that were supposed to be with it. Now I know it's been a year so I won't bother with an RMA. I was just wondering if there was somewhere I could buy the cables I need? I looked on the Corsair website and couldn't find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't bother with trying to get the sata backplane to work, which is what I assume you'd need the cables for.

The backplane is so poorly designed (that is, if you have the SATA III one) that you're better off not using it at all. Chances are you won't be hot-plugging your hard drives in those bays much anyway, and you will seriously save yourself many hassles and headaches by just removing it and plugging in the power/data cables to each drive separately.

If you're dead set on using it, any sata cables and sata power cables will work.

Archived