Corsair Community

Possible AX850 8-pin power connector issue...

dbswisha

What an exercise in frustration.

I got the Corsair 500r case this yesterday I also have a AX850 PSU. I am trying to run my 8 pin connector through the case to the 8 pin power socket on my motherboard. The only way to get there is through a small opening in the upper left hand corner of the case (that's where the 8 pin power input is on my mobo).

Run the cable through there. The 8 pin connector from the PSU is broken up into two 4 pin connectors. Well one 4 pin connector will go into the socket on the mobo, but the other won't. It's like one of the connectors is longer than the other. In fact it is as I am looking at it now. So now I can't plug both connectors into the power socket on my mobo at the same time. Doesn't help that the wiring of the cable makes it very very hard to orientate in the correct position.

I have been messing with this off and on all day and eventually have given up due to irritation. What are my options here?

a certain company that i can't mention due to the forum copyright rules make a very good 8 pin extension cable, i have one and have been using it since i first bought my TX750V1 a little over a year ago, it's cables are individually sleeved and they come in a variety of colours, including black lol.. worth looking around for, if you'd like to know the brand send me a pm here :)

lol that's the extension cable i was talking about, i just didn't want to post the brand and break some rules :p:

it's a good extension cable, has some great length on it, the sleeving is done right into the connectors, and the connectors themselves are of good quality, worth the cash easily really :)

np, you can mention other brands, if they are a direct competitor the name will be filtered so its not a problem either way, the rule is to not go around the filter like C_o_r_S-a_i_r (but another competitor's name, that would be breaking the rule :) )

aaaah ok i see, fair enough then, so if i mentioned the manufacturer of my case and went around the filter to do so, then i'd be breaking the rules(as it's not a corsair case) thanks for giving me some clarity Synthohol, i appreciate it :)

EDIT: hmmm that said, when you click the specs on my posts you get to see the manufacturer for my case, even though corsair make cases, but the manufacturer for my hard drives if filtered out lol

Archived