Corsair Community

Mousepad for Corsair mice

Cyril06

Hello pirates !

I think the M60 mouse will be on my desk before the end of the year and my mousepad is getting old. I'll change the mouse, so I'll change the mousepad too !

My question is simple : which mousepad for the M60 mouse ?

I know each gamer is different and have his own preferences, but may be there is a "reference mousepad" for the corsair mouse tests, etc...

PS : feel free to leave your own opinion with your mousepad ;)

Well tried it on a old "Rocketfish" which was a knock off of a Razor mouse pad for 1/3ed the price at the time. Its all metal one side is for control the other is for speed. The M60 does not like ether surface for some reason. :sigh!: Works ok on the desktop which is wood but, the question remains what is a good mouse pad for the M60?

But my mouse for the laptop (MX510) that I use will do just fine on that pad with out a problem at all.

I get 3 of 5 bars on my cloth mousepad, but it's no secret that laser mice prefer hard surfaces. I can't play on a hard surface though because my palm hurts after awhile resting on it, and dragging my pinky across a hard surface is distracting. my G700 had the same sensor as the M90 though so I knew what I was getting into

The sensor is an Avago 9500, so it's probably worth looking at what other Avago 9500 mice work well on.

Personally I use a Razer Sphex. It's a paper thin mousepad, and has a 'hard' surface when you put it on your desk.

I don't like the annoying bump where the mousepad edge is, so being paper thin is nice.

And I think the hard surface works better than cloth.

I use a piece of plexiglass (sanded and then spray painted with a very slight grit/texture to it) as a mousepad - works fine with the M90 (as well as my older optical mice) giving me 4 out of 5 bars on the software's surface quality test thing. The only surface I've tested that gave me a higher surface quality rating was a retail box for a video card which is kind of a glossy surface there whereas my painted plexi is definitely not glossy.

• 7 months later...

Archived