Corsair Community

Corsair Force 3 120 GB Not Detected

snake4812

I have had the Force 3 120GB for a few months now. I get maybe 1 or 2 BSODs per month, so I haven't updated the firmware or done anything else.

All of the sudden my drive is not being detected in bios, device manager disk manager etc.

I tried running the firmware update and it is not detected there either.

I tried some different SATA cables and ports on my mobo but I can't get it to be detected.

Anything else I can try or do or do I have to return?

I've had exactly the same happen to my Force3 120GB today.

After about 3 weeks of intermittently dying and crashing the system in progress, then not being found upon reboot, until power is removed from computer and plugged in again. It has finally died completely. Switched PC off at 8AM, working fine. Turned it back on at 5PM and Disk suddenly doesn't seem to want to work any more.

Looks like it's not an isolated problem..

• 4 weeks later...

me having the same problem too, i purchase my Force 3 120GB on10-dec-2011 and I never have BSODs before until yesterday when i try to start up my computer, blue screen came out, then suddenly my drive is not being detected in bios, device manager disk manager etc.

I tried hook it to an external hard-disk enclosure and try to run the firmware update on another computer and it is not detected there either.

Anything else I can try or do or do I have to return?

I reported this issue to Corsair support center and they gave me a RMA code, but i have to send the drive all the way from Malaysia to Taiwan, isn't this very ridiculous ?

Do you have any service center in Malaysia?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I have bought my SSD Force 3 120GB (firmware version 1.3.3) 10 days ago and it is not longer detected by my BIOS since 2 days.

I tried to connect my SSD on two other computers with SATA3, but the SSD is still not detected in the BIOS. So I will certainly submit an RMA. I think it is the only solution in this case to resolve the problem

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Force 120GB2, died after 1.5 years of work.

I believe it is because i've forgot to move pagefile to HDD after win7 reinstall.

it is NOT because you forgot to move the pagefile, PLEASE don't go around making those claims. It would have died anyway.

Here's something to put your issue into perspective:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271063-SSD-Write-Endurance-25nm-Vs-34nm

Archived