Corsair Community

H100 Fans

rwaite

Hello all,

After reseating my H100, seems to be doing its job much more effectively, however there are still some things that concern me.

One of the fans under the radiator turns on and off intermittently, it will run about 15-20 seconds, then shut off for about 15-20 seconds and repeat the process. The other fan seems to remain on at a constant RPM. I tried a different fan and it does the same thing, tried different power sockets for the fans, does the same thing. Is it normal for one of the fans to turn on/off intermittently like that?

Second concern is the LEDs. The little guy does not light up, but the profile indicator LEDs do and I can cycle through them when I press the button. However, I cannot hear any change in fan power when I cycle the profiles. Is this normal as well?

Thanks in advance for the info!

• Corsair Employees

Fans that turns on and off is not uncommon, plus the fact that you have tried a different fan and it still does the same thing. I suspect that the fan controller is a bit flaky. Try resetting the unit;

1. While the computer is running, hold down the profile button for approximately five seconds

2. Wait one minute, while the unit continues to run

3. Shut down your computer

4. Press and hold the profile button for five seconds while turning on the power to your computer.

LED not being lit on the little is normal. That is for Corsair Link.

Got my new unit, still exhibiting the same behavior. So does that mean I've got 3 bad units in a row, or is it normal and the second fan will operate steadily if the CPU gets to a certain temperature?

Average temp seems to be about 37-40 degrees C, does that sound about right?

Archived