Corsair Community

Force GT 120 SSD Abit KN9 SLI

rz22g

I did a search for KN9 SLI hoping to return some hits on others with this motherboard and SSD drive but all the hits were in regards to ram.

Im mainly wanting to know why my SSD drive would show up in the BIOS and in Windows 7 Drive Management but will not who up in Firmware Field Updater.

I did read the PDF for updating and it mentions having the controller in AHCI mode but I cannot find any setting in my KN9 SLI Bios to do this. The sticky on this site has a link to a registry edit but Im hesitant to do this in fear it might disable the system is my system is somehow not compatible.

Any input appreciated

Don't do the registry edit if your motherboard does not support AHCI. Since its quite an old board, it might not be supported. Check first if your motherboard supports AHCI. I had an old gigabyte lga 775 mobo and that does not have AHCI feature.

I guess I need to just assume that since there is no AHCI option in my BIOS that the KN9 SLI does not support it.

So is it safe to say the AHCI is required for the drive to even show up in the field updater ?

Don't do the registry edit if your motherboard does not support AHCI. Since its quite an old board, it might not be supported. Check first if your motherboard supports AHCI. I had an old gigabyte lga 775 mobo and that does not have AHCI feature.

Good call. AFAIK, no Nvidia 570 chipset based board supports AHCI.

Yes, AHCI is required for field updater utility.

If this is your mobo, then it supports RAID mode. Any single drive which is connected to a RAID controller and is not a member of a RAID array will run in AHCI mode. You can set your SATA controller to RAID and try to upgrade your firmware, maybe that will work for you.

Yes, AHCI is required for field updater utility.

If this is your mobo, then it supports RAID mode. Any single drive which is connected to a RAID controller and is not a member of a RAID array will run in AHCI mode. You can set your SATA controller to RAID and try to upgrade your firmware, maybe that will work for you.

::pirate:: Good suggestion. ::pirate::

If this does not work, do you have access to a computer (a friend or a local shop) that could do the update for you? If not, we can update for you but it will require sending the drive in via an RMA ticket.

Archived