Corsair Community

Corsair Performance Pro 128 GB - first bench

Mparlav

Hi all,

just received yesterday my new Corsair Performance Pro 128GB.

Installed and tested on Amd platform ;):

http://www.pctunerup.com/up/results/_201111/20111129191251_PerformancePro128GB_empty_29_11_2011.jpg

First answer:

No Crystaldiskmark 3.01b bench.

I don't now why sequential read don't go over 300Mbs (but with Atto, Asssd and Anvil Storage Utilities no problems).

All other value in line with specification.

Second answer:

with Crystaldiskinfo 4.1.3b I can't read all SMART value: others tools?

Next weekend, I will clone my old ssd with OS.

Cheers for your testing!

So, comparing to a force GT 120GB on Z68:

It's twice as fast at writing incompressible data (you tested Anvil with compressible btw)

It's got considerably faster access times judging by AS SSD

It's faster at high queue depths

It's slower at reading/writing compressible data

It's a tad slower at reading incompressible data sequentially even

From what I can see, it only translates into some tangible performance increases over a GT of the same size if the workload is incompressible data like movies/music handling/editing.

For OS drive launching apps/games it's probably the same; also considering normal OS use doesn't reach high queue depths. I'm not sure if the lower access time is in fact noticeable.

Guess we'll have to wait for some storage nerds to translate the numbers into some real world benefits and buying advice :)

Also, when I launch ATTO, it's standard Queue Depth is 4, you tested with 10.

May I ask for an Anvil test with incompressible data, possibly even ATTO with QD 4?

Cheers for your testing!

Guess we'll have to wait for some storage nerds to translate the numbers into some real world benefits and buying advice :)

Also, when I launch ATTO, it's standard Queue Depth is 4, you tested with 10.

May I ask for an Anvil test with incompressible data, possibly even ATTO with QD 4?

For QD in Atto, from 4 to 10, just little highers value for 4k/8K read/write, but I will retest later when I come back home ;):

For Anvil Storage Utilities, same result for uncompression / applications 47% and 0fill (in range from 3400 to 3450 points always with Amd controller): this is the "power" of Marvell's controller :D:

If I remember correctly, Force GT 120GB can make little over 4000 points at is best with 0fill, and Force 3, 3700 point, but how many points with 47% compression or uncompression?

For price, I payed Corsair Performance Pro 18 euro more than listed Force GT 120GB in same shop.

You're spot-on, my Anvil results range from 3285 incompressible to 4050 compressible. Haven't tested 47% but of course it will be somewhere in between and that's good enough for me to not test it again :)

Hmm, 18 euro difference... I could totally see myself choosing the Pro over the GT if I was to buy an SSD right here and now. Especially since you're getting 8GB more space with the Pro.

But honestly, I would prolly choose an SF-based disk paired with toggle NAND over a Marvell based disk with toggle NAND if I was going the top performance route.

Archived