Corsair Community

Force F115 partition gone

kors

f115 partition seemingly gone. (drive wouldn't boot in computer,, drive then removed and added as a second drive in another computer. Administrative tools / storage manager snap-in reports the drive as unallocated space after drive is initialized with mbt option (windows server 2008 r2))

1. has this been encountered by others, is there some issue that can cause this.. (I'm aware that partitions disappearing can happen on any hard drive, ssd or otherwise, so I'm referring to something particular with either ssd or this corsair drive)

2. can i fix this by potentially repairing the mbt (or whatever it's called these days..)

thanks,

kors

3. I used a software called testdisk which failed to find anything,, although I'm thinking SSD peculiarities may prevent normal repair / analyze techniques from working

(default options, 'intel/pc partition', perhaps I should try other options..)

TestDisk and another tool failed to find anything, including attempts with non-default options. Two actions I can take are updating the m/b bios and the firmware of the drive, although I think it's quite unlikely this will restore access to the original partition.

I'm starting to get disappointed in that I don't think I can recover data from this drive. :(:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in my response,, I am the OP, but I don't have access to that account right now.

I tried that program to no avail.

I think although I can create another partition, upgrade firmware, whatnot, a better option which I will probably go with is to RMA the drive, since its possible this unit has a predisposition to this failing. (Hopefully corsair can provide a replacement, and not return the drive I'm sending to them.)

Archived