Corsair Community

bsod Memory_Management

broachesty

I am trying to troubleshoot my bsod dmp files on memory issues. The system is a Asus Rampage III Black Edition, i7 990x, Asus gtx 580, AX1200 PSU, Win7x64 professional, CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 x2 for 24gb of memory.

I was looking on the QVL for the motherboard didn't see this memory listed. It is however listed on the Corsair as compatible memory list. Also not listed on the CPU compatible list. Just wondering if I need to ditch this memory for some new stuff and if so any recommendations.

I tried getting into running a memtest86 with one stick at time, however bios is not showing up now that I removed the other 5 sticks to try and test one at a time. Tried putting them all back in and seems I may have to try resetting the CMOS just to get back into the bios configuration.

If there is any different tuning settings that I need to change in the bios, I'm all ears at this point. I updated the most current version of bios 0602 and ran in XMP at 1600 1.5v

Sorry for the long winded post but just having a hell of a time getting everything up and running properly Thanks for any help I could get on this matter much appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but sometimes mixing sets like that will just not work well, I would try and set the memory Voltage to 1.6 Volts and set the CPU/QPI Voltage to 1.25 Volts and see if its more stable. If you still have problem I would set the memory frequency to DDR1333. It would have been best top purchase a 24 Gig set of modules.

Thanks for the timely response Ram Guy, I will try these settings once I can get bios to post/boot again. Getting a bunch of LED debug codes on the motherboard.

Would you have any recommendations for some high quality memory that is compatible with the Rampage III Black Edition, and i7 990x for 300$ or less. I already put a lot into this rig so I might as well finish it off properly.

Alright I'll just use the one set of the two 12gb kits for now since it is the same memory.

Just got off the phone with Asus support they are sending me a new mobo, I was sad they had no troubleshooting support. Also from reading around about this board, it has a hard time running a full 24gb or 6 dimm setup. So I'll just stick with 12gb for now with the settings you recommended.

Also from reading around about this board, it has a hard time running a full 24gb or 6 dimm setup. So I'll just stick with 12gb for now with the settings you recommended.

I'm running 24gig with all six dims @1600mhz. If the MB wont do it then it's defective and should be RMA'd. But you already did that. So go for the full 24 :)

Archived