Corsair Community

Concerns over recent Corsair quality (maybe just unlucky)

Adash123

I had to request an RMA today and it made me realize something a little worrying. You see, I love Corsair products, I think they generaly are of excellent quality but in last few mobths, maybe I've just been unlucky, but things haven't gone well with me and Corsair.

It started a few weeks ago with a Force SSD. It failed after two weeks so got returned.

Then recently, I purchased a 600T special edition and an AX850 PSU for my upcoming upgrade to a 3930k. The case is awesome, but arrived with a small plastic latch broken off the front mesh panel so it won't close properly. Rather than RMAing, I'm just going to try and superglue it. Then I installed the AX850 and long story short, there's a known issue (as seen on youtube) making it whine and buzz louder than the rest of the PC. RMA time.

Now, I'm a fan of Corsair, I also have 12GB Vengence RAM, and also just upgraded from an H50 to an H80 (which I havent installed yet but fingers crossed). But when I spend that extra money to get the best, like the 600T for £130 and the PSU for £130 and they both have issues, I have to wonder what's going on.

So if you're listening Corsair, if you're thinking of cutting corners on your case packagaing, or on your PSU coils, or your SSds, or anywhere else... please spare a thought for the likes of me. The reason I spend the extra £ to get your best stuff is because I have faith in your company, so please stop letting me down.

• Corsair Employees

Please use the link on the left and submit an RMA request for each item you have an issue with; and is the case issue please explain what was broke and they will send you a new panel.

For the SSD please update to the latest Firmware that is posted in the SSD Firmware update section.

Please use the link on the left and submit an RMA request for each item you have an issue with; and is the case issue please explain what was broke and they will send you a new panel.

For the SSD please update to the latest Firmware that is posted in the SSD Firmware update section.

"For the SSD please update to the latest Firmware that is posted in the SSD Firmware update section"

....it FAILED, not crashed, or froze, FAILED - FOOBAR, Never worked again, broken....not seen by the bios....unrecoverable....I had already updated the firmware when I first got it. Returned to SCAN who verified it was faulty and processed a refund.

..And I already requested an RMA yesterday for the PSU and recieved the RMA number today (RMA #2431256) in an 'automated' reply....so why do I have to pay to ship my brand new faulty AX850 off to the NETHERLANDS (which will be very expensive) when I've only just bought it and it is a widespread known manufacturing fault? (Coil whine). Corsair should be paying to replace this faulty unit in this instance and I am shocked that this has not been arranged yet. Please arrange for Corsair to pay for the outward shipping or a suitable alternative because as it satnds, this is getting worse by the minute. I am really thinking the best option here is to return the PSU to Amazon (free shipping) and chose another brand in future.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about that but that is normal for a regular RMA, please contact your reseller or our customer service and they can take care of that. However, coil wine can be caused by many things external to the PSU, so I would check for some of the common causes like proper grounding to be sure its not some other issue.

I am sorry about that but that is normal for a regular RMA, please contact your reseller or our customer service and they can take care of that. However, coil wine can be caused by many things external to the PSU, so I would check for some of the common causes like proper grounding to be sure its not some other issue.

I've been building systems for years. I understand what you are saying but I have tried everything within reason, and also confirmed I have no such issues with my old PSU unit. Besides, it is quite clear this is a manufacturing fault with the unit. Only just yesterday I was discussing a new build on a professional 3D Graphics forum and the chap said his new power supply was whining. I asked him if by any chance it was a Corsair AX850...he said yes. So it seems obvious Corsair are avoiding a product recall. In future, perhaps I'll look elsewhere for my components.

Archived