Corsair Community

Not Happy at all with H100 water cooling kit

RSRAVI

Hi i have the items below .....

I have just gone from the H70 water cooling kit to a new setup with same case but new

Hydro Series H100

Obsidian Series® 800D Full-Tower Case

first is the thumb screws have no screw driver slot in them...

i see there is a design change....??

2nd the cooling mounting plate on 1155 socket

using the intel screws there seems to be slight play it does not fully tighten up .... between the plate and the board unless this play is taken up after cpu cooler is fitted ?

but the main concern is the screws for he fans and the rad seem to long to me as they will hit the fins on the fad is this normal as i dont want a leak .....

i know you use washers from case to fan but they still too long ....

can some one please confrm this is safe before i screw them down ....

I think personnel the kit should have come with more washers ....

any hellp asap would be great as i have come to a stand still on my setup thanks

They aren't too long, you can even buy same length ones on eBay to have a push-pull setup like I did. I believe where the screws go in, there is sufficient space.

Regarding the play, I had this until everything was installed and screwed in. Now there's no issues.

Corsair should have given shorter screws or more washers to prevent

This ... Other wise any

Marks on the fins would invalidate the warranty

Bent fins will not void the warranty. You just need to be careful and not puncture the tubes running between the fins...that will void the warranty.

So water only running around the side of the rad ????

Not near the fins ,????? Fins just aid cooling

Fluid moves in the wide vertical channels that are found across the radiator, from the top to bottom of the radiator on one side, and bottom to top on the other. The very small horizontal fins do not contain fluid, and serve only for heat dissipation purposes. The fluid containing channels are not directly behind the screw holes.

Please consider that with the thousands of these coolers in use, how could the screws be to long without damage and leaking occurring long before you acquired one? The screws will not cause problems in any properly designed radiator, which is a factor that has been accounted for long ago.

As parsec have stated, we have sold thousands of our Hydro cooler and we have never seen a single case that the screws has caused the unit to leak.

BTW, dents on the fins will not void your warranty.

thanks but as a engineer working in a aerospace i play it safe and added some washers which prevent it touching the fins at all

the problem i have now is how to control the cpu fans speed

keeps running at 2089rpm ....can i control this in the bios i have a asus motherborad tried Qfan control on and off no change thanks

keeps running at 2089rpm ....can i control this in the bios i have a asus motherborad tried Qfan control on and off no change thanks

This is the pump speed, afaik you can not control this (at least I could control pump speed of H60, but not H100). If you have connected the fans to the H100 fan headers, then you can select one out of three fan speed presets by simply pressing the button on H100.

This is the pump speed, afaik you can not control this (at least I could control pump speed of H60, but not H100). If you have connected the fans to the H100 fan headers, then you can select one out of three fan speed presets by simply pressing the button on H100.

Hi thanks thats not easy to do when you case is closed it is ......

• Corsair Employees

That is what we would expect from the pump's rpm and we would recommend to run them at max speed all the time.

Fan speed can be controller via fan controller on the pump.

Archived