Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance with Asus P7P55 LX Blue screen

Starchild1983

Hi, I installed a Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit into my Asus P7P55 LX motherboard and im getting loads of blue screens and then sometimes the system wont load windows. I noticed the ram was running at 1333mhz to begin with, but setting it to either 1333mhz or 1600mhz I still got loads of crashes.

My G skill ripjaws ram which ive had in my system for 2 years has been working fine since I got the computer.

My system is not overclocked at all, just wondering if theres anything I need to change in BIOS, I have updated to the lastest BIOS version already.

I ran windows memory diagnostic but all it said was "your computer has a memory problem"

Can anyone help?

Did you clear your BIOS before installing the new RAM?

If not, i would remove all the modules, clear your CMOS then boot with just one stick installed.

Once you have it booting with one stick , go into your BIOS and enable XMP and test each stick individually in the first slot with memtest(link on the left) to be sure one of the modules is not failing.

With ASUS MB's you will have to disable USB legacy support before running memtest. It can cause false positives.

Did you clear your BIOS before installing the new RAM?

If not, i would remove all the modules, clear your CMOS then boot with just one stick installed.

Once you have it booting with one stick , go into your BIOS and enable XMP and test each stick individually in the first slot with memtest(link on the left) to be sure one of the modules is not failing.

With ASUS MB's you will have to disable USB legacy support before running memtest. It can cause false positives.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I will try clearing the CMOS and running memtest.

I'm new to all of this... so will enabling XMP overclock my cpu aswell? it dont really want to overclock anything, i'd be happy if they were just working fine at 1333mhz.

Thanks again for the help.

XMP overclocks the memory controller located in the CPU itself. You bought 1600mhz RAm, might as well get the performance boost from them. :)

With that MB and chipset you may have to adjust the memory controller voltage and maybe even buss voltage. It's an easy painless process if it gets down to that. But lets see what memtest turns up and if you have any odd results from either of the two modules first before we worry about that.

Sorry, i should have asked this in my first post, but, Do you have the latest BIOS for your MB? It's possible a BIOS update will fix this too if you have never updated it.

XMP overclocks the memory controller located in the CPU itself. You bought 1600mhz RAm, might as well get the performance boost from them. :)

With that MB and chipset you may have to adjust the memory controller voltage and maybe even buss voltage. It's an easy painless process if it gets down to that. But lets see what memtest turns up and if you have any odd results from either of the two modules first before we worry about that.

Sorry, i should have asked this in my first post, but, Do you have the latest BIOS for your MB? It's possible a BIOS update will fix this too if you have never updated it.

Hi, yea first thing I tryed was updating to the latest bios, because it said they had fixed memory compatabilty issues, but all it seems to have done is make my computer take longer to boot and now the asus motherboard logo appears twice.. which seems strange.

I had some trouble getting the CMOS to reset, I had to take the battery out of the motherboard and put it back in, in the end. I put one RAM stick in then without X.M.P enabled: it loaded into windows but went on blue screen after less than 5 mins. After I tryed with X.M.P enabled but would not run windows and asked me to run start up repear, I clicked to run this then it went on a blue screen again.

I dont know if there anything else you could suggest? I feel ready to give up now :( and am quite worryed that i might mess something else up like with my computer taking longer to boot and the motherboard logo now coming up twice.

Archived