Corsair Community

Gigabyte K8NXP & Value Select ??

BritKev

I tried searching, but couldn't find my exact situation, just looking for a couple of quick yes/no answers: Will the Value Select VS1GBKIT400 run at 400MHz in dual channel mode on my Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (Rev 2.0) ( P4 3.0GHz ) ? When I have some more cash later in the year, will taking it to 2GB with a second VS1GBKIT400 work? I have no interest in overclocking. And, I guess a follow up, assuming it does work, how much performance am I losing by going for the cheaper option instead of the recommended TWINX 3200C2? It's an all-purpose machine that will be doing quite a bit of video transcoding... although I'm so used to doing that overnight that it will make no real difference to me whether it finishes at 1am or 5am ;)

As far as I know, the Value Select Kits are not pre-tested for Dual channel mode. That doesn't mean they won't, but it does mean that you might have to tweak the settings a bit. Couldn't find GA-K8NXP on gigabyte's website. Is it perhaps GA-K8NNXP? I'd go with the TwinX if you want to run dual channel because it is pre-tested. In terms of the actual performance difference, I'm not sure.

Archived