Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 and CMP4GX3M2C1600C7 = Not working

Rognin

So I Tried getting my UD7 to take the 1600 Corsair ram that I bought, but it keeps saying OC failed. Then restores the ram speed to 1330 9-9-9-24.

Ram model: CMP4GX3M2C1600C7

I ran memtest86 for 5 cycles on all four sticks individually, then two cycles on all four sticks at once with no errors. Granted the speed was at 1330 and not 1600 cause it doesn't work, or let me boot with it.

My voltages were set at 1.65 and VTT at 1.15, but I didn't find VCCIO anywhere in the bios to see if it also was at 1.15.

I checked the compatability list from Gigabyte and this ram isn't on it. How can I fix it to work, change the CAS to that of the CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 model?

I don't want to have to buy new ram...

Key Features:

-Specially selected RAMs for overclocked performance

-Includes XMP performance profile

-Guaranteed to work on all dual channel Intel platforms

-Black heat sinks with patented DHX Technology

-World famous Corsair reliability and performance

Rogin, Corsair is closed this weekend for the holiday, but from what you have posted there must be somethig wrong besides the RAM. If it passes memtest then the modules are good.

Do you have the latest BIIOS for your MB and have tried clearing the CMOS and booting with just one stick?

Rogin, Corsair is closed this weekend for the holiday, but from what you have posted there must be somethig wrong besides the RAM. If it passes memtest then the modules are good.

Do you have the latest BIIOS for your MB and have tried clearing the CMOS and booting with just one stick?

Yup, still doesn't accept the ram speeds. I don't get it, granted it's not on the compatibility list for the Z68 UD7. Then again they have the Triple channel ram listed...

CMT6GX3M3A1866C

So what can I do to fix this?

• Corsair Employees

Just install the modules one at a time then load setup defaults and enable XMP and test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and see if they all pass.

If they do pas then install the modules in the correct slots for D/C and repeat the same steps "then load setup defaults and enable XMP and test them one at a time with www.memtest.or"

Archived