Corsair Community

Quality of 650D?

bedazzled

Most people come to forums to complain. Everyone i know personally who owns the case (myself included) is satisfied with it. It has some fantastic features and a few drawbacks, that said there's still not a case I would consider replacing mine with and I've had it i guess almost 8 months now.

I was on the verge of buying a 650D case but seeing all the posts about the front fans and issues with the cases quality has put me off :(:

Corsair used some questionable fans in the 650D... that said, it's an amazing case. I have one and replaced all the stock fans but the front 200mm, which may get replaced, not sure yet.

The build quality is superb, it's spacious and grants the builder some well thought out wire management possibilities. Plus it looks like a monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey. You can't go wrong with a 650D.

As this is a specific Support Forum for Corsair, I'd expect this to be active with more Complaint/Problem threads than anything else or anywhere else.

Go and check some of the complaint threads in general. Usually there's a solution or at least RAM_GUY lending advice and assistance with the Corsair team behind him.

Just replace the front fan if it's an issue. I would take out both HDD cages, put one next to the power supply and put in an ######## Big Boy 200.

Have you seen this done? My previous case was an ######## 902, so I have a Big Boy 200, and did stick it in there to kinda size it up, but it didn't seem to fit well. There are a couple of metal bumps in the front of the case near the mounting holes that seem to push the fan away from the case a bit at the bottom.

-Z

Archived