Corsair Community

Lag upon program start

Uisdean

Hello everyone.

I have a problem, but first i want to explain how it came to it (at least i think how it has gone bad).

I got the new Corsair Force 3 120GB the day before yesterday. I installed windows 7 on it. Everything fine. I had now a spare ssd from another company. Installed windows 7 on it too. Now i went on and encrypted the Corsair Force 3 120GB using truecrypt. Everything was fine too. Now i wanted to change the boot order of both windows with a tool (dont remember the name, sorry). I accidently deleted all entries, and well it was gone for good. Ok, i thought. I formatted the drives and did the same thing again except messing with the bootloader of windows.

But ever since i installed windows 7 again on the Corsair Force 3 120GB i had lags. I mean it takes 10-20 seconds for even small programs to open up.As if it does not know where the program is stored. Encrypted and Non-encrypted. The result=lag is the same and i have no idea what is causing it. Sometimes even my browser lags. Its really annoying.

I formatted the drives and did the same thing again except messing with the bootloader of windows.

To clear your SSD it is recommended to SecureErase it with PartedMagic. This will set your drive to factory default and restore performance. After SE you will need to reinstall Windows 7. Though I'm not 100% sure, I guess this might solve your issue.

Used PartedMagic. Strangely enough it was finished with secure erase right after i hitted start. Well, i mounted a backup then. The issue was still there. Still lag upon startup of windows and every single file i click for 20 seconds until it pops up.

Now comes the thing. I just changed it to another Sata port. And it all runs fine. No more lag, even though it is slower then my other SSD. But that is not an issue for right now. 3 days wasted :eek:.

I remembered i attached the ssd first on SATA4 slot. Then after i messed up the bootloader i switched it to the SATA1 slot. Then the issue with lags occured. Now its on SATA2 slot and no issue. Maybe its the cable or SATA Slot. But the other SSD got no problems since it uses that cable and SATA1 Slot.

Well, thanks for the help anyway and good day everyone

Archived