Corsair Community

CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 and Asus P8Z68 Pro/Deluxe

GoBucks811

I am currently running CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 on my current x58 setup. I am considering upgrading to a i7-2700k and new z68 board (because of the Intel Retail deal). I am currently deciding between the Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 or P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3. My question is can I continue to use the CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 and then maybe buy one CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 to get a 4x4gb setup and run a dual channel? I know that CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 isn't listed on the Asus QVL for either board, but i did not except it to be since it is a tri channel kit. If it is not going to work or a wont know until I try situation, i only bought the CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 about a week and a half ago and can still return it to micro center. Thanks in advance.

You can use the memory on your new MB. But like wired stated it not recomended or supported that you mix set by adding another.

Your best bet would be to return what you just got and buy a single kit of the capacity you want to end up with.

Thanks for the replies. I am thinking that your suggestion is the way to go. The vengeance 16 gb dual channel kit ends up being about what I paid for the 12gb tri channel kit anyway.

Archived