Corsair Community

H 80 installation issue on saber tooth mother board

bklal

Hi , today I brought h 80 for my new asus saber tooth board with i7 2600 k. CPU , but I tried everything but it did not get the desire CPU temp , the bios showing 98.c on ideal . Since the mono is already installed in t600 cabinet I could not able to see whether the cooling mount is able I sit on the CPU , but when I changed to stock heat sink , it is ok the temp is now 40-50.c on ideal,

What could be the issue, do I need to fill coolest or do I need to open some valuve for water to cycle, but when I removed and touched the h 80's heat sink ( copper area) it was very hot, so I assuming that it is touching the CPU base.

Kindly help.

Is that the H 80 is not comparable with saber tooth board, pls help and replay, I'm very much disappointed with H 80. Since I was so expecting to over clock tonight, highly disappointed,

ALDO NEED TO KNOW WHEATHER H80 will compatable with asus Xeon Z8NA-d6 board , the CPU in using us 5620'. Kindly replay

Hi , today I brought h 80 for my new asus saber tooth board with i7 2600 k. CPU , but I tried everything but it did not get the desire CPU temp , the bios showing 98.c on ideal . Since the mono is already installed in t600 cabinet I could not able to see whether the cooling mount is able I sit on the CPU , but when I changed to stock heat sink , it is ok the temp is now 40-50.c on ideal,

What could be the issue, do I need to fill coolest or do I need to open some valuve for water to cycle, but when I removed and touched the h 80's heat sink ( copper area) it was very hot, so I assuming that it is touching the CPU base.

Kindly help.

The H80 should work fine on your mother board, I have a SaberTooth P67 board, and use a H60 on it, and it works great. The pump of the H80 and H60 are the same size.

You do not need to add liquid to the H80, or open a valve. Do not try to disconnect any tubes on the H80.

Are you sure your H80 has power, did you connect the molex connector to your power supply? Both of the connectors from the H80 pump must be connectd, one to the CPU Fan connection, and the other (molex connector) to your power supply. Check the connection for power to your H80. Can you see what the pump speed is, which should be shown as the "CPU Fan" speed in the UEFI/BIOS.

Are the H80's fans running?

thanks parsec for the replay

yes i have connected all the connectors and powers to the H80 and it work and i could control the fan speed on the pump also and its lite also.

after posting a quote, i tried again , so i went and disconnect the entire system and refitted very carefully, i think there should be some error on bracket installation,

but this time , its worked fine and my CPU TEMP IS showing 34-38 max ,

( ambient temp is around 27-30 in india due to rainy weather ).

im very glad with the result, i have one more unit to fit on my home server , I HAVE Z8NA-D6 ASUS BOARD WITH 5620 XEON PROCESSOR, I HOPE IT WILL FIT WELL THERE ALSO,

PLS LET ME KNOW if you have any experiance in that board.

and thank once again for replaying

Archived