Corsair Community

Building New AMD/Radeon Gaming PC

Hey guys, i am new here to these forums and I figured i hop on and ask a little advice. I am in the process in pricing out and purchasing parts for an AMD/Radeon gaming PC. Yeah I do know i should prolly go intel and nvidia but who the heck cares. Anyways I was just waning to know your opinion on all my listed parts.

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Processor: AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3 GHz with H100 Liquid Cooler

Memory (part number): Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 Ram (part #CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9) Red and Black colored sticks

Video Card # 1: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB 265-bit graphics card

Video Card # 2: same as card #1 (both in crossfire)

Video Card # 3: N/A

Hard Drive # 1: Hitachi Deskstar 500GB

Hard Drive # 2: Hitachi Deskstar 500GB (both in RAID 0)

Hard Drive # 3: N/A

Hard Drive # 4: N/A

Hard Drive # 5: N/A

Hard Drive # 6: N/A

Optical Drive # 1: ASUS Blu-Ray drive

Optical Drive # 2: N/A

Case: Corsair 400r case

Power Supply: Corsair HX1050W PSU

Sound Card: N/A

Monitor: N/A (using 27 inch TV)

Operating System: Windows Home Premium 64 bit

USB Flash Drive (and size): N/A (have several just not on me at the moment I am writing this up)

Also I am wanting to do a positive air pressure case and im not sure how to go about it with this case. Any and all opions and answers would be helpful

The HX1050 is extreme overkill for that system, even if you added another 6870. Also, yes, go with an Intel i5 2500k - running that under the H100 cooler and you'll be laughing when you overclock.

You could fit the H100 as an exhaust on the top, with an exhaust fan on the back, and then have two intakes on the side panel and one at the front. If you lower the speed of the rear exhaust, and use high static pressure fans on the radiator, there won't be any airflow or cooling issues.

Archived