Corsair Community

600CXV2UK failure, please help!

Pleasehelp123

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0050AFU46

Hello

I bought this product on the 29th of October and had been using it happily until about 2 days ago. I noticed a high-pitched whining coming from my psu when my computer was off and still plugged into the mains (I tried many different sockets but to no avail). Today while playing skyrim my computer's fans suddenly seemed to surge with speed and then my computer shut down. Now when I try and switch on my computer it gets to the 'loading windows stage' and then the fans surge, becoming unnecessarily fast and loud and the computer shuts down. I have tried twice now and have given up in fear of damaging any other of my parts.

Thanks a lot for reading, any help/advice given is very much appreciated!

-Sam

Can you see what the voltages are being reported as in your BIOS.? The best way to check voltages is with a multimeter, but the BIOS will be close.

And have you run the paperclip test found here http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=63991

Chances are you will not hurt any other components. If the PSU is failing it will just shut it self down to prevent that.

My computer turns off before I can get to BIOS and I do not own or intend to buy a multimeter as I see this as a fault on corsair's behalf. I cannot see how the paper clip test will change anything as my PSU does work for about 20-30 seconds before accelerating dramatically and then turning off.

Thanks for your help!

I cannot see how the paper clip test will change anything as my PSU does work for about 20-30 seconds before accelerating dramatically and then turning off.

If the PSU will remain powered up with the paperclip test without accelerating, then it would suggest a MB problem like RG suggested. It could rule out or confirm the PSU.

Archived