Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C7D vs TR3X6G1600C7

Maxrunner

Hi there all. Im currently considering upgrading my pc from 6gb of ram to 12. The thing is already have 3x2 GB of TR3X6G1600C7 modules. But i cant find more here in my country, but i did find TR3X6G1600C7D 3x2GB modules, is it "safe" to mix 6gb of TR3X6G1600C7D with 6gb of TR3X6G1600C7?

regards,

Max , this was answered in your other post in the other section. You are welcome to try anything you like, but the chances of the two kits working correctly or at rated speed are pretty slim. It is not supported or suggested by Corsair either. Even two kits of the exact same part number has a great chance of not playing well with each other.

Corsair uses 9 different chips and various PCB to make their memory and the pieces can be swapped at any given time. So, even though those two part numbers are close, they a hugely different under the hood.

Max , this was answered in your other post in the other section. You are welcome to try anything you like, but the chances of the two kits working correctly or at rated speed are pretty slim. It is not supported or suggested by Corsair either. Even two kits of the exact same part number has a great chance of not playing well with each other.

Corsair uses 9 different chips and various PCB to make their memory and the pieces can be swapped at any given time. So, even though those two part numbers are close, they a hugely different under the hood.

So if i want a 12gb of ram i have to buy the whole kit?

D and non-D are the same part, just with a different heatsink, HOWEVER, that doesn't mean they use the same chips.

If they are the same part, how can they have different chips??im not following...doesnt having different chips make them different memories altogether?

A part number has a unique memory specification / unique physical design / appearance, e.g. speed / timings / voltage, Vengeance / Dominator, etc.

Multiple ICs can meet the memory specs required. This is irrelevant however, as even ICs from the same manufacturer may not play well with each other (hence all of the testing).

You're more than welcome to try it, and it may work, or you may have to lower the speed / raise the timings and voltage, or it may be unstable / not work whatsoever.

Archived