Corsair Community

P4C800-e Deluxe with CMX512-3200C2PRO problem

seti

Please help me with the bios ram timming and all setting to make this ram work correctly. My system stalls at the ram count on boot up. Im having a hard time finding out exactly what ram i got but here's what i know. It is CMX 512 3200 c2 pro xms3202 v1.0 at 400 mhz and it says cl2 i got 2 sticks of 512 both the same. here is a link to were i bought the ram (new egg) [url]http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-464&depa=0[/url] Im running this ram with the asus p4c800-e deluxe and i need the bios ram timming settings + any other settting's to make this ram operate correctly. please help [email]setiorion@hotmail.com[/email]

Unfortunately, individual sticks aren't gauranteed to run in dual channel, that's why Corsair makes TwinX sets, but it can be done (and often is...) but might cause errors. First, setup your BIOS as: Memory Divider - 1:1 (do not overclock anything while testing!) CAS - 2 RAS To CAS Delay - 3 RAS Precharge - 3 Cycle Time (tRAS) - 6 DDR Voltage - 2.75v Then run the modules ONE AT A TIME and use [url=www.memtest.org]Memtest86+[/url] to test them (3+ full passes to be sure). If they both pass, put them in a single channel configuration and test them. If they pass, try dual channel. If you stop being able to pass them when you use both modules, try CAS 2.5 instead of 2. PLUR CK

got floppy in now i did test ram test is showing my timing at 2-4-3-8 i talked to corsair on phone they told me my timing should be 2-3-3-6 how do i change my p4c800-e deluxe to 2-3-3-6 where what setting exactly. I dont understand the multiplier thing. ??

• Corsair Employees
Please follow the link in my signature and you will see all of the modules listed by part# and the bios settings we use for that specific module! In addition, I would suggest you set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts as well!

Hi, Great Motherboard, Great RAM and in general all components are great in my First New Built machine. It rocks baby! Here is the configuration: Case : Antech P-160W Aluminum tower with Blue light Power supply : Allied 500 Watt power supply Motherboard : Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Processor : Pentinum 4 3.20E GHz Hyper Theading Technology, 800 FSB RAM : Corsair TWINX1024-4000PRO Dual Channel DDR (two sets) - 2GB RAM Video Card : ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 256 DDR with 256 MB memory Sound Card : Audigy Sound Blaster 2Z Platinum Pro Hard Drive : Western Digital SATA 250 GB, Maxtor SATA 120 GB, Wester Digital UATA-133 160GB CD-RW/DVD-ROM: Memorex CD-RW 52x32x52 - 16x DVD-ROM[/SIZE] DVD Burner : Plextor DX-712A 12x-R, 8x+R DVD Burner OS : Windows XP Pro Cheers ! Christhu

Archived