Corsair Community

Off topic but very important

leigh67

I have been a big fan of Corsairs for many years and I think I need to let you know what eBay is doing that may well hurt your reputation. They have recently partnered with Square Trade and have inserted in to every item in electronics, priced at $40.00 or more, a direct link to Square Trade to purchase an extended warranty. (This includes computer memory). They are trying to sell extended warranties for your products on top of your LIFETIME warranty!! I was flabbergasted when I looked at a Newegg auction for 16gb of ddr3 and there was a direct link to buy an extended warranty. This makes it appear that the buyer might NEED an extended warranty on Corsair memory. It implies that you're warranty is just insufficient. Have fun dealing with eBay.

Leigh Steinberg

Leigh,

http://www.corsair.com/support/warranty/

Except where prohibited by applicable local law, this warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.

So in otherwords, if you're buying Corsair products on eBay from another end user, you wouldn't have a warranty. Therefore buying an extended warranty from Square Trade isn't a bad idea.

• Corsair Employees
If you purchase something from another user on Ebay or any other end user share or selling site this would be considered an unauthorized reseller and would not have any warranty from us as stated in our warranty policy.

• Corsair Employees
If it is an authorized reseller Like Newegg or tiger direct they will sell directly off of their site and you will get an invoice from them directly not from ebay. As far as I know these sellers do not sell on Ebay.

Archived