Corsair Community

H100 Radiator does not get warm/hot

1nsane

Hello everyone,

I just installed my new pc yesteday, yeah! The cpu cooler im using is the H100, ike I mentioned in the title. Everything works fine so far but:

I have noticed that when I stresstest (longer then 20minutes) my CPU (2700K @ 4,5 Ghz) the radiator does not feel as warm/hot as I expexted. The CPU temp read out 57 to 61 Degrees.

So is this normal? Or would you guys suggest I reapply some Thermal paste and re install the cooler.

Thanks in advance!

I believe 1nsane is saying that after ~20 minutes of stress testing, the CPU was at ~60C, and the radiator did not feel hot, and he thought it should feel hot.

Given your OC, those are good temps when stress testing (Prime95, IBT?) Generally the radiator won't feel hot overall, but will in specific areas, such as around the inlet hose area.

The fluid flow in the radiator is split into two halves, imagine a line drawn from the top to bottom, lengthwise. Hot liquid from the pump flows through the inlet hose into the radiator half-section it is connected to and moves to the "top" (opposite end of the radiator from the inlet hose), and then moves across to the other radiator half-section, and then "down" to the exit hose back to the pump. So the inlet side of the radiator will likely be the warmest, since the liquid should be cooled by the time it leaves the radiator.

Your CPU at 4.5GHz is not producing as much heat as an i7-900 series CPU would at that speed (95Watt TDP vs 130Watt TDP) so the radiator likely won't feel very hot.

I have never seen data on what the actual fluid temperatures are right after leaving the pump or into the radiator when a high end CPU is OC'd and being stress tested. That would be interesting to know, as well as the fluid temp when it leaves the radiator. Worthless PC-nerd desk chair engineer trivia, but still... :bigeyes:

Archived