Corsair Community

Awful Performance With New Force 3 480 GB

G50EED

The title says it all. I just installed my new 480 GB Force 3 SSD today and ran the ATTO benchmark utility and got the attached results. You can check my system specifications. Can anyone tell me where to begin to troubleshoot this? Firmware is current. Thanks.

642827190_NewCorsairForce3480GBATTOBenchmark.jpg.1b31e9043f1f8a6fac58b573c0de0bdb.jpg

You have a X58 mother board, with an Intel ICH10R SATA II chipset, so you are getting typical SATA II speeds with your SSD. If you are using the Marvell (kinda, almost) SATA III interface, then you can do better than that. But unless you have a board with an Intel or AMD SATA III interface, you won't get the best performance from your SSD.

You might get slightly better performance with different drivers on the SATA II interface, but you won't get anything higher than the maximums you have now.

Switching to the Marvell SATA interface will improve things, but you'll never get ~500MB/s speeds with it.

I did switch to the Marvell 6Gb contoller and saw some improvement in read speed but not much change in write speed (see attached). I will be upgrading to the new Rampage IV Formula when it comes out in the next week or two. Can I assume I will see better results with the X79's native 6Gb support? Thanks.

1979590366_NewCorsairForce3480GBATTOBenchmark(2).jpg.1193be34218740a8ac443ff9a5a66225.jpg

Archived