Corsair Community

Something Good to Say for a Change ...

mikewrenn

With all the gripes, issues, and sundry complaints this forum dwells on, one might get the impression Corsair SSD's are often problematic. So I'd just like to say that my F-90's in Win 7 x64, in RAID0 and singly, have had absolutely no problems, blue-screens, speed issues, or other glitches. Their performance has been great, and I'd highly recommend them.

Just want to add to the positivity...

I got my Force GT 240 about a month ago now while my old rig was still up and running. I rigged it up to one of my Intel ICH9R SATAII ports and checked the firmware. It was 1.3, and I noticed 1.3.3 was out. I went ahead and flashed it despite people's "ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality with this sort of thing. One month later the only thing that's blue-screened my expensive new rig is a bad stick of RAM I'm in the process of RMAing. The drive is now about 45% full and giving me the same speeds it gave when I first benched it's clean windows install - the advertised speeds.

I will be buying a 2nd one someday not too long from now for RAID 0 when I'm craving more space and speed.

Also forgot to mention, I haven't had to do a single tweak or change to accomodate it. I have checked to make sure TRIM is on and the like, but other than that it has been hands-off.

Archived