Corsair Community

MemTest Errors CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 P55

SkyWalker666

I installed a CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 kit to replace CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 kit but I keep getting MemTest V4.2 errors at all speeds after upgrading. The 4GB kit has worked fine at 1600Mhz at default timings and voltages (all set to Auto) for past 12 months no problems with my GA-P55A-UD3 board and i5 750.

With each 4GB module from the 8GB kit I have reset the BIOS Ver. F11 and loaded fail-safe defaults with one stick in DDR3_1 slot at 1333Mhz and get 1 pass ok but enabling XMP profile1 I get errors around 20% complete. Testing the other stick in one slot at 1333mhz or 1066Mhz all memory on auto or entering manual timings 9-9-9-24 (rest Auto) I get strange errors around 4575.4MB or 4400.3MB or 4464.3MB. The same happens with the XMP profile enabled on the second stick installed in the same one slot.

I suspect it could be something I'm missing or simply just a faulty module. I can take some photos if this helps but any suggestion welcome.

• Corsair Employees
When you changed the modules did you load setup defaults and then enable XMP? If you did and still got the same errors on the modules testing them one at a time I would check for a newer BIOS version, if all that fails then we can try and replace them, please use the link on the left and request an RMA, but please try what I suggested first.

I checked the BIOS and F11 is the latest for this motherboard. I have loaded the fail-safe and optimised defaults with XMP profile 1 selected but the same problems/errors.

Are errors at 8416MB ok (usually at 24percent Test 5)? Seems strange for 8183MB of memory?

Also, should I return to the retailer in the UK or Netherlands centre?

Thxs

Archived