Corsair Community

warranty question, other component damaged

NoPost

Thanks for reading, i got my new corsair ram and installed them correctly.

the screen said to put in an usb containig a bios file, i did and nothing happend.

after a while i try to restart and computer is dead. Later troubleshooting revealed that the bios is broken so i remote flash it using a difrent computer and verrify ok. But it is realy broken. So the questions about warranty.

this is totaly unaccepable and i just cant let this one go selling me parts that destroy other parts, no way . The motherboard cost 5 times more than the ram so i dont even care that i got my full refund for the corsair ram that caused all this.

So what do i do now? who is responsible? i did not do anything wrong? Will corsair make it up to me somehow? what can i expect now, no computer?

Do i need a lawyer? Will corsair take care of the motherboard for me? RMA to that mainboard factory is gonna take months, can i borrow a computer from you in the mean time?

( have all the detaills if nessesery)

tanks

It sound like you "bricked" your motherboard all on you own. Installing RAM in no way caused your problems. If your lucky the motherboard manufacture will RMA the board. The Coesair RAM in no way caused your issue. Next time get a friend that knows what they are doing to help you.

Thanks for responding but not for making me look like an idiot 1fox. i did not install the ram wrong and it told me to insert the usb containing the bios file,i just folowed the instructions. shuld i not done that is that what you are saying?

Archived