Corsair Community

HX750W Clicking Noise

9Tek

Hello,

I have recently heard a clicking noise comming from from HX 750 PSU and I am bit a concerned. I have had the PSU for well over a year and I understand it is still under warranty.

RAM GUY can I RMA it?

Thanks,

9Tek

• Corsair Employees
It is not uncommon for current design PSU's to make clicking noises, as long as the system is stable and its not so loud you can hear above all the normal fan noise I would leave it alone. But if you just want to try replacing it then please use the link on the left and request an RMA.

Hi and thanks for the reply Ram Guy,

I've heard from Technical Support who informed me that I need to send my PSU from the UK to the USA.....ok I thought no problem....be costly though. I then recieved another email telling me to send it to the Netherlands........its a good job that I haven't sent it yet.

So I have contacted technical support to clarify the situation.

Thanks,

9Tek

Hi Ram Guy, thanks for the reply.

I recieved an email from Tech Support stating what you have just said, I have asked Tech Support if the RMA# is same in order to avoid any mix ups. If it is the same then the parcel containing my PSU is good to go and I will send it to the Netherlands....I am just waiting for Tech Support to confirm this.

Thanks,

9Tek

Hi Ram Guy,

I know that RMA in the Netherlands have recieved my HX 750w PSU, could you please possibly give me an indication when I will recieve a replacement.

I have already sent an email to Technical Support about this and Corsair Technical Support have sent me back an email with a label for the package which I have already sent to the Netherlands despite explaining the situation to them. Ram Guy could you please find out what is taking place please.

Thanks,

Tek9

Hello Ram Guy, thanks for the reply.

I have just recieved my replacement PSU and I would like to thank you and the Technical Support Team for handling this issue efficiently as the service that I have recieved has been excellent.

Here's wishing you at Corsair a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Best Regards,

9Tek

Archived