Corsair Community

new build question

sirian

This is my new build, up and running (sort of), have two issues 1.- System will boot and run fine with one stick 4gb ram (purchased as a pair) but boot with two sticks gets no post and boot stalls with DRam LED Red. have updated ms /gpu drivers and Bios. Have also tried Manual / Auto / X.M.P set to 16000. Both sticks work individually (in a2) not tried in b2

2. always at boot -cpu Fan error press F1 to enter set up. go through bios and it loads os. - All fans hooked to bay mounted controller - Fan "dis-abled in Bios /or not. Appreciate assistance, I've searched a lot of forums, time to go to the Source.

First post but think I'm in right area. Thanks in advance.

And I've changed that in sys specs(duh) I should add here that Bios update was only done through OS. The 2TB HDD is not connected yet. BatttleField 3 stops working (get so far then stop- "for some reason", found last night I'd left 2nd disc in BluRay, worked ok for a bit after removed but then "stopped again.!?

Bit of frustration this rig, its to replace one I'm typing on (P4 w P4P800 mb 2gb ram which has never been a problem since get go circa 2002/3.) Tho starting to struggle with web/media data volumes lately LOL.

Will try but what lead me here first was MB faq's, answer to a similar question, which was -basically.

" if the memory modules are not supported in their QVL list but the module manufacturer recommends they do then contact module manufacturer for the correct advise/settings. I registered and posted question quicker with corsair than it took me to get "search/faq's with MB"s site. NOT Lol.

Now tried as suggested and same effect, which is no bios screen/graphics. When turn on 'puter CPU Led flashes red -Q-code 56 (invalid cpu or cpu speed) then DRam Led on red Q-code 58 (CPU self test failed or possible CPU Cache error) and stays there. Can press memok and will scan and try but always goes back to steady red. Will only start with one module in A1 or A2.

MB Manual recommends use A2 for one module/A2,B2 (blue slots)for two modules and all four for four mod's'. First attempts initially 'puter went straight into S3 and couldn't wake. Have been wondering about MB when I first opened the box (sealed) anti static bag wasn't sealed?.

Archived